Thread: hat program do you make wallpapers with?

Newbie False_Love may be famous one day False_Love may be famous one day
    Thanks

hat program do you make wallpapers with?

I have made wallpapers before, but ve never been able to submit them because the have too many kilobytes. Can someone tell me what program to use, or how to, or something?! Im kinda desperate "=D Thanks

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well i dont use any hat programs....but i do use an art program called paint shop pro 8.....i hated it for the lonest but am slowly starting to love it.....as for learning how to use the program or any program for that matter.....just google for some tutorials and more importantly, just mess with the program see what you can do, try things out..

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    Personally, I use a combonation of 3 programs, Adobe Photoshop Elements 3.0, Photoshop CS, and ImageReady CS

I use Elements to extract and clean my scans for wallpapers because it has the oh so usefull Selection Brush, then I save the image as a PSD, and send it over to Photoshop, where I do the brunt of the work on the background, further cleaning on the scan, save the wallpaper itself as a PSD, then once I'm satisfied, I send it over to ImageReady for finishing touches (incase I want to use parts of it for sigs and avatars), and save the file as a Jpeg using ImageReady's optimized settings (8 works best for Quality to filesize ratio)

haveing never used PainShop pro, Can't really give my Opinon on it.

I have used COREL Photopaint (versions 6 through 11) for the longest time, then I was converted to the ways of the Photoshop, and I've never looked back.

If you don't have the cash, or don't like pirated software, I suggest getting GIMP, its a free opensource software, and powerfull in its own right.

you can get it here: http://www.gimp.org/windows/

Since I'm also a Linux user, I am thinking of experimenting with the program since it comes with most of the popular distros of linux (I use Slackware 10)

If you want some tutorials, check out these links:

Tutorial Link List (remake)
    http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/tutorials/ps/ (Photoshop)
    http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/tutorials/psp/ (Paintshop pro)
    http://browse.deviantart.com/resources/tutorials/gimp/ (GIMP)

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'm rather plain........ I use Photoshop version 7 and that's pretty much it. For the kind of wallpapers I make (which are mainly brush centred) I don't really need anything else.

I also use a tiny little program called ADC See, it's just an image browser with a few image editing tool in it... like re-size, despeckle, levels.... etc. Nothing advanced. I prepare the scan in this program before opening Photoshop... because my computer is slow it's better and quicker for me to do the re-sizing and despeckling in ADC See first. I also organise my scans in them (and believe I have a heap) and plan future walls in it too.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"