Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Have you ever had nightmares?

Otaku Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine may be famous one day Yasmine's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have alot of nightmares lately.. and I'm beginning to be scared to fall asleep.. which is very bad for my health.. I had one.. which was so scary.. that I shock to reality.. sweating.. and looking around.. seeking and touching.. if everything is still there..

|| I forgot that I might see so many beautiful things - Dreamvisions ||

Otaku +ELIE+ may be famous one day +ELIE+ may be famous one day +ELIE+'s Avatar
    Thanks
    that's all I've been having for the past month.......it's come to the point I have to take valerian root to make me sleep.>>

Newbie angelstarbeam may be famous one day angelstarbeam may be famous one day angelstarbeam's Avatar
    on a distant planet where i am a humble storyteller. in reality, i live in a city. not telling which
    Thanks
    i usually forget my dreams, but i can tell if i had a nightmare or not.
    The noble ones of this world
    Are the ones that repent
    of their own sins

Newbie Stormraven may be famous one day Stormraven may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I used to have nightmares alot. No deep psychological reason, just a strange quirk from some health problems. Most of them were pretty simple, falling, ghosts, that sort of thing. But there was one . . .

It was very real and very surreal at the same time. I don't remember the lead in, but I remember being a soldier with my squad, getting stuck behind enemy lines. We were ambushed by the enemy, bullets flying everywhere and everybody but me dies (including the enemy.) I'm standing there in the middle of a massacre, trying to fiigure out what to do next, when the corpses around me start to stand up, a weird red light in their eyes. I look at one of my buddies, and his expression is -hungry-, and thats when I notice his eyeteeth have lengthened. The walking corpses are surrounding me and I realize they've all turned into vampires, and that I'm the main course for dinner. They're moving, reaching for me - and that's when I woke up.

The strangest part is that I'm a natural pacifist, never watched war movies, never been scared by vampires, and I know I didn't see anything on TV to trigger it, since I wasn't watching TV at all back then. It just came out of the blue. Maybe that's why it got to me so bad. I dunno. After that I was grateful for the ones about falling.

Newbie Stormraven may be famous one day Stormraven may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Yasmine - having been there I wish I could help. You've probably had all kinds of advice from everyone around you. (That can get annoying.) For what it's worth here's my two cents.

1) Chamomile tea, just before bed.

2) Relaxing music as you go to sleep. If necessary, stick the player on repeat so it plays continually. And by relaxing I mean one of those discs they put out specifically for relaxation, not just music you like.

3) Whatever you do to help you sleep, make it a habit. The body responds well to routine.

4) If all else fails and things get really bad - see a sleep therapist. Pride is no cure for insomnia.

Best wishes.

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks
    I've had three nightmares encounting...
    These nightmares occur when I'm only half asleep, and they're the kind that I can't wake up from. I mean, at the time I was having my nightmare, I knew I was asleep, but I was unable to bring myself to wake up or even make the slightest movement, since my body suddenly felt extremely heavy. The setting is always where I'm sleeping, on my bed, with the same lying position. It is exactly like you're in your bed asleep, only you're actually awake and paralyzed at the same time while these strange figures shows up. The scary thing about it is that when I have my usual dreams, there isn't any sound, but in my nightmares, there are. I can here evil laughs and even music...
    My most recent one was of a pale boy in white, with black hair and Japanese eyes, standing by the left side of my bed. He was trying to reach out his hand to touch my face. After some struggling, I finally had the effort to stop him from doing so. Suddenly, I found myself wide awake with my hand outstretched, gripping a wrist that wasn't there anymore...

Newbie Sheep_of_Death may be famous one day Sheep_of_Death may be famous one day Sheep_of_Death's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah had alot.. although i don't wanna have them coz they always come true.. people tell me that its a gift but sometimes i think its a curse... coz i can sometimes forsee the future >.<
    Death Soul Collector

Newbie kotoko may be famous one day kotoko may be famous one day kotoko's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah ive had a bunch but i remember this one nightmare that i had when i was little. i was sleeping in my bed when all of a sudden im floting but im still on my bed when then the next thing i know im climbing these steps to a 300 story slide i slide down and arownd the middle of it theres this big gap and then im falling and i hit the bottom but then i wake up but the creppy part was my stomace really felt like it was in my toes. i had a nother dream it wasent really a nightmare but i was weird i woke up in this dark room and in the middle of it was a big white question mark just boncing up and down forever i had no clue what it meant but i had that dream for a long time.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4