Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Have you seen Akira?

Newbie animenet may be famous one day animenet may be famous one day
    Thanks

Have you seen Akira?

there is a pretty good anime movie called Akira. I havent found a whole lot of people who have seen it, just about like 12 people. JW has anyone else seen it???

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks
    I saw it 10+ years ago. It is not for the young kids! I remember liking it then, the action, drawings, and such. They have a manga out a few years back for Akira.

Otaku serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005's Avatar
    Thanks
    I saw bit and peices of it it was so bloody i changed the channel when he was killing people.I was about 7 or 8 or 9 when i saw it
    I am the fire that light your wood. I'm the thunder that lights you night. I'm the wind that keeps you cool. are you wondering who I am? I'm the great wizard serge

http://bahamutpheonix.7.forumer.com/index.php
    please join this site if you like any type of games

Newbie Firion may be famous one day Firion may be famous one day Firion's Avatar
    undisclosed location trying to rebel against the emperor, and in a rebellion against the emperor.
    Thanks
    i haven't sen it, but i heard that it was a great anime series. i also heard that there was a lot of violence/action in the series.

Newbie Darlos may be famous one day Darlos may be famous one day Darlos's Avatar
    Thanks
    It wasn't a series. It was a movie that tried to cram god knows how many volumes of a manga into two measely hours. Quite frankly, I wasn't too impressed with it, though a lot of other people seemed to be dazzled by the weirdness and the pretty colors.

At least the motorcycle was cool.
    Hurting feelings everywhere!

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes Akira was an amazing film, oh boy I remember sitting in the living room of the old house and watching blood fly across the screen! Those were the days, those were the days.... I hope they NEVER make a live action out of it, that would make me sick.
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

The movie 'Akira' is generally considered the ultimate expression of art from the 'Golden Age' of anime of the mid 1970s to late 1980s. The movie is worth seeing for any self declared anime fan, as it was a significant influence on the cyberpunk genre, and influenced other movie works, such as 'Ghost in the Shell', and the 'Matrix' series.
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Otaku whitec may be famous one day whitec may be famous one day whitec's Avatar
    Thanks
    Saw it way back in the beginning, was very gorey violent and really cool. the heads literally pop right off.
    Looking forward to Burst Angel Vol. 3

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast