Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Heavy Metal!!!!!

Otaku Suzy may be famous one day Suzy may be famous one day Suzy's Avatar
    In Puerto Rico the stinkiest place on earth.^~^
    Thanks

Re: Heavy Metal!!!!!

Evanesel is another cool singer but scary.
    '' Death, cruelty, murder the things i have hate forever, Life is like a test with a limited time'' And doesnt have any sign''
    I wish i could help you but i make things worst, by liken you

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Neither KMFDM, Megadeth, or Ultraspank look scary, they look normal.

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks

Now, how can we all forget classic Metal bands such as Black Sabbath, Metallica, and Pantera. Tool is pretty kickass as well.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiDude128
    1) KMFDM
    Well KMFDM is industrial and not exactly heavy metal. They still rock ass though.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Looks like a convorstation then a thread to me...

I've heard better bands.

Otaku darkangels36 may be famous one day darkangels36 may be famous one day darkangels36's Avatar
    Thanks

There's a hell of a lot of good metal bands anymore if ya know what i mean! I just checked out demon hunter and it rocks! I could list off more but i'm just too lazy today lol!
    This is the code of honor: A wounded man says to his assaliant if i live i will kill you and if i die you are forgiven: Thus this is the code of honor!

Newbie Silent Nate may be famous one day Silent Nate may be famous one day Silent Nate's Avatar
    Thanks

This thread needs more DragonForce.

Newbie obliteration may be famous one day obliteration may be famous one day obliteration's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Commander Renxaru
    If u are looking for a good heavy metal band go to www.purevolume.com/demonhunter . Demon hunter is really good I have thier first 2CDs and they rock, so go and check out some of thier new stuff.
    I bought their first effort a few years ago, but it didn't entertain me long. They had potential, but they didn't seem to make much use of it at the time. The whole Mallcore feel of it was a major turn off, too. Judging by some of their newer tracks on the site you mentioned, though, they've gotten better.

As far as Christian Metal bands are concerned, check out some of the other artists on Solid State. Extol (before their move to Century Media and the subsequent release of Synergy), Living Sacrifice, Soul Embraced (which was once a Living Sacrifice sideproject and now a full-time assault), and Lengsel are some bands I'd recommend.

Lengsel's album Solace, in particular, is a personal favorite at the moment. Essentially, it's a Christian approach to Black Metal - not that mainstream trash like Cradle of Filth, Dimmu Borgir, et cetera, but real Black Metal a la Burzum, Emperor, Mayhem, and Immortal. This, if you know your Metal, should seem a bit odd, as the thought of a Black Metal album being put forth by members of the church (as opposed to the norm by folks that burn churches) seems oxymoronic, to say the least. But I must say the album is one of the most brutal, horrifying releases in my collection. The production is utterly gritty, the bass is thundering, the percussion is chaotic (and spot-on, for the most part), the guitars reek of sheer rage, and Tor Magne S. Glidje's shrieks are terrifying. Overall, it's an excellent listen.

As far a secular bands are concerned, I enjoy the music, but not the concepts purveyed in the lyricism, by bands such as
    Agalloch
    Amon Amarth
    At The Gates (before Slaughter Of The Soul)
    Blind Guardian
    Bolt Thrower
    Borknagar
    Dark Tranquillity (before Projector)
    Finntroll
    In Flames (before Colony)
    Insomnium
    Meshuggah
    Moonsorrow
    Napalm Death
    Nightwish (more or less)
    Novembre
    Obituary
    Opeth
    and Sacrilege

[ Romans 1:6: And you are included among those Gentiles who have been called to belong to Jesus Christ. ]

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast