Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hellsing: Ultimate OVA Series

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Hellsing: Ultimate OVA Series

MipTV Tradeshow News (03:34 PM EST): About a week ago we were told to keep an eye out for some interesting Geneon news to come out of the MipTV tradeshow in France, which is one of the many shows throughout the year where new series, properties and licenses are looked at, promoted, bought and sold and all that fun stuff. Thanks to an extremely reliable source, we've got three pieces of news that as far as I can tell can be called exclusives here:

One: Geneon Entertainment (USA) is involved in a new Hellsing OVA series. No number of episodes is listed but they're talking 35 minutes per episode and based on actual manga material.

Two: Geneon Entertainment (USA) has the new Manglobe series called Ergo Proxy by Shukou Murase. It is listed as 23 episode with Murase as director and Dai Sato as the writer.

Three: Geneon Entertainment (USA) has acquired the rights to the Erementar Gerad anime series. This was previously announced as an ADV Films license back on 02/18/2004 due to their name showing up in the production credits via the Moon Phase site but this information supercedes that.
    Source: http://www.animeondvd.com/news/news.php?news_view=6266

Too good to be true? I hope not.

Newbie syn~a~mon may be famous one day syn~a~mon may be famous one day syn~a~mon's Avatar
    Thanks
    Whoa!!! That would be awesome! I'd love to see more Hellsing. I know that there were quite a few people that were disappointed in how the first series was handled (not myself, I really liked the series, but I never read the manga, either ). Thanks for the news, I hope that it's true, too!

Newbie LordGdawg may be famous one day LordGdawg may be famous one day LordGdawg's Avatar
    Thanks
    HAAAALELUJIAH ; HAAAAALELUJIAH.
    I liked the first series but it just kind of dribbeled off towards the end.I heard this was due to the fact that the anime producers went their own way because the manga wasn't finished yet.
    Although why they couldn't wait to create the anime when the manga was finished is beyond me.

What is this "outside" of which you speak?

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Oh crud, that's f*ckin awesome news! I really hope that it's legit

Otaku Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut's Avatar
    Thanks
    They better not mess this up...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

So I'll ask the obvious questions that no one else has posted yet.

1. How many episodes for the OVA series?

2. What animation studio will be in charge of the production??

3. Is this a sequel to the TV series, or a completly independent retelling of the story???

4. And does this mean that the Hellsing manga series is finished, or about to finish????
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Fallen Angel may be famous one day Fallen Angel may be famous one day Fallen Angel's Avatar
    Thanks
    And when will they release it? They better not ruining the manga series cuz the anime is kindda suck and boring.

Newbie roly_poly may be famous one day roly_poly may be famous one day roly_poly's Avatar
    Thanks
    the anime was awesome...tastic. the manga was even more awesometastic. i didn't even read a lot of the manga [i only got thru about 3 volumes and it ended on a cliff hanger -_-]. the manga was always better than the anime. granted the end of the anime was pretty cool but you don't really get to see alucard totally dominate some little weak enemy.

plus the soundtrack is awesome

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast