Thread: Help on Downloading GIMP

Otaku Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle's Avatar
    Thanks

Help on Downloading GIMP

Lol I'm not a tech guy. I need help on downloading a GIMP program for computer. I tried to download the newest version of it and it won't work even after I unzip it and install it. Maybe I'm using the wrong version for Windows. I have a computer that uses Windows 98(I know I should upgrade to XP or something) so I hope that helps.

Read Magical Detective Daisuke. Part 9 is finally out! Click here to read it! For the complete collection of Magical Detective Daisuke click here.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Help on Downloading GIMP

You will have to download the runtime environment from the same website and install that FIRST. After that it should work

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

The .tar and .gz files can only be available to open if you have a program to do so. I suggest using WinRAR for that.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble

# How do I install The Gimp?
    # You will need to download both *GTK+ Runtime Environment and *The GIMP installers. Install GTK+ before installing The Gimp.
    # I use Windows 98/ME and GIMP crashes on startup. What can I do?
    # This is a known problem if you installed GTK+ 2.6.4. Please uninstall it (through Control Panel->Add/Remove Programs), and then install either GTK+ 2.6.7 or GTK+ 2.4.14.
    http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/faq.html
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku