Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help for first timers

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Help for first timers

I don't know if this thread exists but I'll do it anyway.
    Are you one of those people who continuously try to draw those really cool twig like anime characters but you just can't get it right? Then sit back and I'll give you some tips to drawing those really cool characters.
    (First-The body)
    My thin anime characters bodies always start from one artists really good statues, his name is Alberto Giacometty. He makes statues that are pretty thin. Once you've gotten a picture of one of his sculpures that are really thin, draw the sculpture. Then erase the head, and earase the arms up to the elbows.
    (Second-The Head)
    Draw on a gasic anime head, it should be small considering the height of the statue.
    (Third-The details)
    Putting on the clothes and details is the simplest and funnest part. Draw the details on! Then Erase the outlines of the statue that run through your details, but keep the figure. If any outlines go through your details erase those outlines is what I'm trying to say.
    (Four-color)
    The fourth and final step is really simple... color it if you want to.
    If these steps helped you create your thin anime character tell me, or just tell me what you thought anyways.

Otaku Kira may be famous one day Kira may be famous one day Kira's Avatar
    Thanks
    the first 3 steps are pretty easy. it is at the 4th stage that i get all screwup.

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks
    Same here that's why I like to draw in black and white.

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    I don't know much about colouring, but a friend of mine showed me a 'cheat' way of doing it.

If you have photoshop (which I sadly don't T.T) then you need simply shade in the picture with coloured pencils, then 'blur/smudge' them on the computer.

It's basic, but you can get some really nice effects. Nothing 'Pro', but still clean and tidy.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Thanks
    I dont have photoshop either :Thumbd: . Just try these steps and you'll have yourself a cool thin anime character.

PiNk HaIr FaNaTiC Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45 may be famous one day Boo45's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiDude128
    Same here that's why I like to draw in black and white.
    Hehe..me too! I screw up so badly on color thats y i usually dont color my drawings

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Sib
    I don't know much about colouring, but a friend of mine showed me a 'cheat' way of doing it.

If you have photoshop (which I sadly don't T.T) then you need simply shade in the picture with coloured pencils, then 'blur/smudge' them on the computer.

It's basic, but you can get some really nice effects. Nothing 'Pro', but still clean and tidy.
    That's the way to do it

A quick and dirty way~

hehe

You can take your time though, and work your way through. Photoshop is da shizzz~ Luckily I get the licenses for free

Thanks
    Just try hand drawing this people then tell me once you're done with the steps if it was worth it, good, okay, or bad

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast