Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Help for first timers

Newbie KaiserD may be famous one day KaiserD may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I would love to think I'm a master, but I know very well I'm not. Wish I was, though lol

And we didn't actually get lessons, as such. My school was like "draw this" and they'd say "that's good" or "that's bad" or "you have detention because that's crap" LOL the only good piece of advice they gave me was to use a hard pencil like a 2h on top of soft pencils to sharpen the image, particuarly if you're doing metallic surfaces (I had to draw a spoon in a bowl for homework).

college was a lot more experimental, again they pretty much left us to our own devices and told us what they thought and what could be improved. I guess it was a way of getting everyone to develop their own styles. They were always encouraging us to research artists of our own accord and I never saw how important it was untill afterwards....

Sorry I'm deviating again LOL

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks
    I wonder if anyone has tried my steps yet? I hope someone at least trys/tried.

Lost in confusion Tetrix 2 v2 Champion Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy is making a name for themselves Sazzy's Avatar
    In my imagination restricted by British Society!
    Thanks
    I think black and white is easier because you are still able to rub out if you go wrong. I usually find find that i go badly wrong on one little bit and end up starting again.

FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    | Sazzy-Bu.co.uk | My Deviant Art | Anime Vector | Otaku Zen | My Twitter | My Tumblr | My last.fm |

Newbie jkun17 may be famous one day jkun17 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Hmm... coloring is always the most complicated step. I, myself, have never colored anything I've drawn. I always find that I screw it up with color and so I just don't do it.

I have considered getting one of those weird mouse pads that use a stylus and pad so I can transcribe my drawings onto photoshop or something and color it there.

I have, however, considered using watercolors on traced drawings because watercolors just rock. That and you can buy pencils that are water soluble so they dissove when you put water color on it.

Right, back to the point. The best way to color something is digitaly. The color is non-permanent and easily changable.

Newbie KaiserD may be famous one day KaiserD may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I wouldn't say the "best" way, I'd just say more convenient. Personally my favourite medium is oils, because that takes some mastering. I have not devoted enough time to make it good myself but some of the most amazing fantasy works of art are oils.

And although digital colour is non-permanant, backsteps are limited to memory and of course subject to the occasional software crash (for some reason with Corel Draw this is often lol) or file becomes corrupted but at least you can minimise the effects of these things with regular and double backups.

If you want to learn traditional mediums then you just have to be prepared for mess ups. For all the time I have been drawing I skill bodge up inking jobs but it's not the end of the world. Ok normal paper is not always ideal but you can practice by photocopying a picture untill you feel confident enough to paint on it. Paper can be pretty hit and miss with watercolours it also depends on the paints themselves but you don't nessasarily have to spend a ton of money on water colour paper for a good result...

My best watercolours were rush-submission jobs for my final art project in college on normal sketch book paper. I know I say this all the time but I ought to spend more time with watercolours :P

Newbie blackphantomdude91 may be famous one day blackphantomdude91 may be famous one day
    Thanks

Angry Wtf

what the **** **** **** >'O

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3