Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: To help with Katrina

Newbie vampkat may be famous one day vampkat may be famous one day vampkat's Avatar
    Thanks

To help with Katrina

I have this letter to send to the my newspaper and i was hope what you think about it and i want som e ideas about what our town should do. her e is the letter:

Dear Citizens of Hudson,

I believe that it is necessary that we have a town wide water drive. What I mean is that we need to work together to get as many water bottles to give to the people who are suffering of dehydration and who have lived thorough Hurricane Katrina. I believe that this is the one way to show that we care for our people, and it is a way to get those people what they need. With the oil prices rising as well, people want to save money but there is a way that cause people to feel good inside instead of feeling that their pockets are becoming empty. If we get everyone to buy one bottle and give it to help the people of New Orleans we could save a lot of lives. Plus, if you all help to save them think about how the town would look. We help when half of the USA can’t, that shows we are a town that cares. New Orleans is like a brother to any town so we must be family, help them and give what we can to show brotherly (or sisterly) kindness to the world.

Your Good Teen,
    Mickal R. Sylvara

Please tell what you thibnk about it and i who love it. Please tell me what i should do to may be get so more people help.and ideas to help raise funds or food or water ideas would be nice.

Newbie Geijetsuka may be famous one day Geijetsuka may be famous one day Geijetsuka's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: To help with Katrina

i think u should exagerate how ABSOLUTLEY NECCASSARY it is to donate water. also it could use a good attention getter.
    Some times...I wonder if any of us exist at all.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grubmle

Not really a debatable subject thread...

The idea sounds nice, but in reality it has only limited value... Instead of spending money to buy a bottle of water, and spend money to ship it to the disaster area (and using up limited and valuable transportation resources) it would be better to give the money directly to the Red Cross to repair and use local facilities for water and food for disaster relief...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Geijetsuka may be famous one day Geijetsuka may be famous one day Geijetsuka's Avatar
    Thanks

im sure red cross has their hands full already but your right.
    Some times...I wonder if any of us exist at all.

5.00 M33-6 solking may be famous one day solking may be famous one day solking's Avatar
    Thanks

the best way to make a donation is to go to the Red Cross website and there you can make a monetary donation. If you don't have any money but still want to donate items, you can head over to the nearest Red Cross station or National Guard Armory.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

LenMiyata has a point, shipping is important as well.

If you want to do a water drive I would suggest contacting one of the relief organizations such as the red cross and seeing what you would have to do to get it there. Perhaps they can make arrangements or perhaps you can contact a shipping/truck company or airport and see if they could "donate" shipping. Either way you need to have someone to give it to on the other end. Once you have worked that out along with a collection point where it can be stored until shipping then you can expect people to take you seriously and your letter would have alot more actual results.

Ex. I am setting up a donation of water to be dropped off at X-location until Y-date when it will be shipped by Z.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie vampkat may be famous one day vampkat may be famous one day vampkat's Avatar
    Thanks

Talking Re: To help with Katrina

Thank you everyone for your help. I saw on the news today that there is a group looking for food and water donates and that they will bring all of it down there so i'm going to talk to somepeople and we'll give it to them and have them bring it down there.

I was going to ask otherwise, my bestfreinds dad drive Semi and i was going to ask him to him or his corp. Thanks again everyone for your help. I hope that this works and that i could do a lot for other.

To help people is what my life means!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by vampkat
    Thank you everyone for your help. I saw on the news today that there is a group looking for food and water donates and that they will bring all of it down there so i'm going to talk to somepeople and we'll give it to them and have them bring it down there.

I was going to ask otherwise, my bestfreinds dad drive Semi and i was going to ask him to him or his corp. Thanks again everyone for your help. I hope that this works and that i could do a lot for other.

To help people is what my life means!
    the best way now is to leave it up to redcross and if you people really want to help by donating to redcross here is the url: http://redcross.org (pretty simple) and just follow the directions there

reason why I am saying this is because I heard the news of how authorities are not letting volunteer groups to go in. Only more well-known and registered with the government organizations can go into the disaster area.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast