Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help with Laptops

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks

Help with Laptops

My birthday is coming up and my parents and I are getting me a laptop. We lose all of the ebay bids and the only good cheap laptop we can find without a google search is a Thinkpad WIN98. Does anyone here know any places that sell cheap laptops.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    It, like, depends where you live. Do you live in iceland? Greenland? that would be different then, say, England or America, or China.

In the blizzard which is my home, I really have only found independent retailers who give really good prices. One is General Nanosystems, which has a good website, but unfortunately, they do not sell laptops.>_<

If you search in some sort of yellowpages (its a directory of all the stores in the city) you can find independent retailers that might be more affordable than those of "evil" megalo-companies.

Finnally, if you're bent on finding an extrememly awsome deal on a laptop, keep searching e-bay. eventually you might find something. Often good deals are instances where they advertized the item in the wrong area. (exp: laptop in computer parts) but it is rare to find these.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    well first of all, it's best to at least let us know what country you preside in. and here are some simple advices I can give to you

1)No need for ebay. there's always BEST BUY, GOODGUYS, ETC. then you have Dell.com, hp, and etc. FINALLY YOU HAVE SMALLER COMPANIES like Fry's and TigerDirect.com

2)Depending on where you live, wait. Newer products tend to come out during the end of summer (folks go back to school), or Christmas. On top of that, you can usually get savings on top of savings.

3)Finally with China producing massive numbers of computers at a small price, I would think that companies over here would reduce their own prices.

So wait a bit more, and unless you absolutely dying to get one do some research on what you want and need the laptop for.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Angsty Goth Teenager SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128 may be famous one day SamuraiDude128's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah I am dying to get one. And I live in the USA.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    oh okay, then do check those places I recommended and maybe Apple books

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    NEVER! irepeat NEVER! buy a dell unless you know exactly what you are doing! their prices may be relatively cheap but their service and support leave much to be desired. i am still waiting for them to send me the parts to fix my computer that broke while under warenty. the total cost of the parts is fifteen dollars and i would buy them myself and repair it but that would void my warenty and i bought the ten year warenty for a reason. i have been waiting just slightly over a year now and the parts are still "on backorder".

:P DOWN WITH DELL! :P

{{sorry for the rant but i obviously strongly recoment NOT buying from dell (excuse me |^|ELL! )

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Thanks
    Congrats to me I bought a laptop! I bought a Thinkpad w/ WIN2000, 128mb, 700mhz, 6gb, and a CD drive.

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Cheap laptops don't really exist. unless you're buying used. Many cities though have comupter resalers who buy up laptops that companies give their employees and then sell them again at a half-decent price.

www.ncix.com isn't a bad site to check out.

What you should outline is what you want to use the laptop for. If you you want something you can play games with, well, be ready to dish out some $.

If you're just looking for something for school, light multimedia then consider a used Samsung, Thinkpad, or even A Sony Vio (though they're usually pricey), even used and don't have a fantastic name).

Companies like Dell aren't too bad to buy from if you like you chances of not experiening any trouble. Honestly, buy a cheap dell and forge the warrenty. The problem is Dell LTs and Pcs often only support Dell compoents (They're picky with ram in my experience)..

The best advice: don't get a laptop..lol

[J].

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast