Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Help me choose!

Newbie Jupiter~Fox may be famous one day Jupiter~Fox may be famous one day Jupiter~Fox's Avatar
    Thanks

Question Help me choose!

I wan't to do on a computer is:

~Illustate drawings
    ~Burn CD's and mp3s
    ~Basically Work (I'am a growing B+ studen't trying to be a A+)
    ~Games (which is only the sims that I ever do play on a computer)

I'm looking for a PC not a imac or any mac for that matter.
    Yet I'm looking for the best qualities for a reasonable price.

Can You please Help Me?
    Once you have Anime you shall NEVER walk Alone!

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    Dell?? they have ok deals occasionally at dell.com

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie Blaz may be famous one day Blaz may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Ideally, I would tell you to either buy the parts and build it yourself, or have someone knowledgeable enough that you know do it for you, but since your asking here for advice I am going to assume that neither case is an option for you. A shame really, since the best PC's are custom built and cost a considerable less than their mass manufactured equivalents.

In that case, I would have to agree with pyoro-pyoro, Dell tends to have good deals on desktop’s. And since you can already post here I’m going to assume that you already have a monitor, keyboard, etc. So, just buying a new tower shouldn’t be that costly. You should be able to get one that suits your needs from anywhere between $600-800, possibly less depending on the promotions being run at the time.

Newbie andiishere may be famous one day andiishere may be famous one day andiishere's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Jupiter~Fox
    I wan't to do on a computer is:

~Illustate drawings
    ~Burn CD's and mp3s
    ~Basically Work (I'am a growing B+ studen't trying to be a A+)
    ~Games (which is only the sims that I ever do play on a computer)
    well... a PC and MAC can do the first 3 on your list, a mac has a very limmited selction of games to choose from so i'm going with PC -A) they have more games and B) they are far cheaper!!

Have you conciderd up-grading?? *especially if you are a PC based system as the parts are cheaper and in vast varietys* a much cheaper way of making your computer better?

i would suggest getting a PC... (i would not know where to suggest to get one though..)
    Last edited by andiishere; Nov 12, 2004 at 05:03 PM.

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks
    get a comp that meets these requirments for playing the sims as these requirements are powerful enough to do the 1st 3 things you stated. but since comps are cheap, finding a comp with good specs shouldn't be too hard. just look around at various vendors to see what's out there and if you're really interested in having a custom built comp, then you better be more specific in what you want otherwise you'll be confused as hell.

cd burners are pretty much a standard component you'll find in various vendors.

Otaku paiki may be famous one day paiki may be famous one day paiki's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmm... if you or someone want build one... i´ll make a basic pc configuration that can handle all 4 need... but playing The Sims 2

Motherboard: DFI Infinity Ultra 400
    Processor: AMD AthlonXP Mobile 2.2 to 2.8
    Cooler: Zalman 7000p CU
    Memory RAM: 512 ddr 400 dual support
    HD: 160 to 200, not SATA, use IDE
    VideoBoard: Geforce FX 5900 or Geforce FX 5700
    SoundBoard: keep with onboard
    DVD Recorder: Pioneer 16x dual layer

Full Tower with Enermax 465egp or agp (dunno)
    1.44 disk driver... keyboard, mouse... etc etc

it´ll cost $1200

Otaku Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267 may be famous one day Animewolf267's Avatar
    Thanks

wut ever you do

wut ever you do dont get an emachines tehy suck i have one currently and im not happy with it.

it easily gets viruses and is incredibly slowwwwww
    Icy cold Toilet Paper!!!!

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Tigerdirect.com is were i buy my stuff from. THey'll send ya a magazine; u pick out the parts ya need. An you'll have a nice computer for around $500-600 (not including awesome vid card). But you'll have to buy the other stuff (monitor,keyboard,mouse,etc.). But you'll have a computer ya built with stuff in it ya wannta'd. Or they sell already made comp's...
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast