Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Help me !!what is this anime?

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Help me !!what is this anime?

Um, Raven....

It looks like Aceman double posted because I deleted yet another spam post from Harukosan (who I just banned). ^_^;
    Last edited by Zui Quan; Sep 03, 2005 at 11:11 AM.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

Gah... you could have at least left a little notice or something...

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks

Check the Black Mesa.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks

So I see... even though you posted that after I bugged aceman about it oh well, my appolgies to aceman I guess.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    So I see... even though you posted that after I bugged aceman about it oh well, my appolgies to aceman I guess.
    Apology accepted
    Last edited by aceman67; Sep 03, 2005 at 11:33 AM.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by Raven Omega
    In the first post you have two screen caps from what appears to be one of the many seasons of Slayers
    I'm not sure that those are Slayers screen caps... There are ALOT of B grade anime with that art style, such as 'Knights of Ramune', 'Maze', 'Saber Marionettes', 'Dragon Half'. And I've seen ALL the 'Slayers' TV series, and don't recognize the characters...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Shianta Motasowa may be famous one day Shianta Motasowa may be famous one day Shianta Motasowa's Avatar
    Thanks

Using the definitions of animation targeted for a Japanese audience, what are the distinguishing characteristics of an Anime series? I find the following list applicable to nearly all Anime series…

1. Big Eyes. Adopted by Japanese Manga artist in the late 1940s and early 50s from American comic strips such as ‘Betty Boop’, and the early animation of Walt Disney, Large eyes are used to express a wide range of emotions. It is this characteristic that appears most often in Anime influenced American cartoon series….

2. Highly detailed backgrounds. This is used in nearly all Anime series, including children programs, and almost never occurs in American Cartoons series.

3. The use of single and multi-layered Pans, Rotations and Zooms to give the illusion of motion from a still image. Japanese producers and directors are much more experienced in the use of these cost cutting techniques then US productions.

4. Japanese Cultural references. (Considering the target audience, this is not surprising)

5. Long multiple episode story arcs and strict ordering of episodes. Japanese Anime TV are often created (or adopted from a manga or novel) for a single season series for a fixed story, and shown with strict ordering of episodes, like the chapters in a book. American Cartoon series are often designed for long lasting re-runs showings with a random ordering of individual shows. A individual story arc may extend to two, or rarely three episodes in a American cartoon series, while in Japanese Anime, a story arc may extend to the entire length of a series.

6. Character Growth and Emotional Development. Because of the random ordering of reruns, this characteristic almost never appears in American cartoons, but with the long anime story arcs, this is present in nearly all Anime series. Teenaged main characters are quite common in Anime for the potential of character growth.

7. Subject topics in episodes. Because of the popularity of character growth in Anime, events that have a profound effect on characters are much more common. Even in children anime series, subjects involving ethical/moral decisions, personal honor and integrity are much more common then in US cartoons.
    originalnaly from a aostaff sorry if you read this
    Last edited by Shianta Motasowa; Sep 03, 2005 at 10:39 PM.
    one must forgets ones past
    as long as he lives sins will follow
    as time past by
    one must follow his own past
    because:
    " Your Ticket To The Future Is Always Blank"

of the AMC Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell may be famous one day Innerhell's Avatar
    Thanks

uhh...
    did you read the first page?
    I love my girlfriend.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast