Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Hero

Newbie crapmonster may be famous one day crapmonster may be famous one day crapmonster's Avatar
    Thanks
    i actually watched the movie two years back and at the time knew nothing about it. so i had no prior knowledge of what it was about except for the fact that zhang yimou had directed it. i was impressed by how jet li for one could actually act in a dramatic role and it was a nice change from seeing him in just another "action flick". also definitely agree, the chesshouse was an awesome scene, the art direction at least imo was top notch. this was also immensely enhanced by the brilliant score by tandun which i fell in love with instantly, a good score always gets me. though i had problems with how the story was setup and the theme is delivered i still do respect all the work that went into it.
    ahha also i still need to checkout shogun, ive always planned to read it but never got around to it. as for the samurai trilogy, i recommend if possible you read the original novel by Eiji Yoshikawa "Musashi". its a 100 times better but like books like Shogun, the page count is in the thousands. though i think youll definitely enjoy it since it actually made me go out and read/learn about sun tzu's art of war and musashi's own book of five rings!

Otaku Seshoumaru may be famous one day Seshoumaru may be famous one day Seshoumaru's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hehe... bluetigerfour and crapmonster... I really enjoyed following your discussion here... I myself have watched this movie a couple of times before and I never gave a thought to the deeper meaning behind this movie. All I thought about was the beautiful scenery, gorgeus fighting and the use of colors. After reading both your posts and having thought about it, this movie for me is now even better...

Newbie BBoyPHoeNiX1337 may be famous one day BBoyPHoeNiX1337 may be famous one day BBoyPHoeNiX1337's Avatar
    Thanks
    Maybe it's just me...
    But really the only thing I liked about the movie was the way the story unfolded. Granted the fighting scenes were great, (the fight where the area gets filled with sakura blossoms was my fav). As for a deeper meaning, I really failed to see any truly deep meanings. It's true Brokensword decided not to assassinate the king and place his trust in the king unifying a country. But that's what all kings try to do. That king did it in a tyrranical fashion, and therefore should've been assassinated when Jet li had the chance. (i'm sorry, but i suck with names, especially movie names)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2