Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Hey, strangers ^_^

Rou
    Otaku Rou may be famous one day Rou may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Really, be my senpai. T_T I'm a very kewl student.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTigerFour
    uh oh, who let the masochist in? Tell me, does the pain purify you or push you deeper into the void?
    I let myself in. And since the void is my home i'd say it purifies me.

I see you've studied alot of martial arts, that seems like a trend nowadays. Did you dislike the martial arts you've done before? Or do you just want to get a taste of all of them.

Otaku shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rou
    Really, be my senpai. T_T I'm a very kewl student.
    Damn you and your stupid ph4se of over-using the word "senpai"

Newbie BlueTigerFour may be famous one day BlueTigerFour may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Hassun
    I see you've studied alot of martial arts, that seems like a trend nowadays. Did you dislike the martial arts you've done before? Or do you just want to get a taste of all of them.
    I learn everything i can from a teacher and then move on. Every one of them has had only so much to teach, but i have thoroughly enjoyed every style. In this way, i have developed a fighting style which is composed of the most effective components of each style i have studied. Why stagnate when i can be developing, know what i mean? However, I am about at the point where i'm running out of new styles to learn. When that happens, I will perfect my skills and favorite techniques for a couple of years and then perhaps open my own school, as i have been advised to do.

Thanks
    You must be a very good learner.
    My teacher still has so much to teach me and I have been attending his lessons for years now.
    Last edited by Hassun; Nov 04, 2004 at 03:46 PM.

Newbie BlueTigerFour may be famous one day BlueTigerFour may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Yes, i have thus far been very lucky in finding senseis who aren't afraid to tell me their secrets.

as one of them said, "If i died tomorrow, and i didn't show you this, it would disappear. how does that benefit anyone? I don't have any desire to keep techniques from you to foster the growth of my own ego."

Most of them have the attitude that once i can show a technique with proficiency, i am ready for the next one. Not "you have to be this belt for this long, and this technique will take you this long to learn." We must not forget, its very possible to become TOO wrapped up in tradition.

And keep in mind that I don't spend just an hour on martial arts a week. I spend at least an hour a day training, sometimes two. And when i can, i spend an hour before class helping to teach the younger (and sometimes older, haha) students.
    Last edited by BlueTigerFour; Nov 05, 2004 at 05:47 PM.

Newbie RoninJinn may be famous one day RoninJinn may be famous one day RoninJinn's Avatar
    Thanks
    Wow thats deep.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueTigerFour
    And keep in mind that I don't spend just an hour on martial arts a week. I spend at least an hour a day training, sometimes two. And when i can, i spend an hour before class helping to teach the younger (and sometimes older, haha) students.
    I don't believe anyone can become a good martial artist with just one hour of practice a week. But I understand what you mean.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast