Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hillary Clinton

Newbie Hera may be famous one day Hera may be famous one day Hera's Avatar
    Thanks

Hillary Clinton

Is the US that open-minded that a woman could actually win? I myself don't think so because lots and lots of people show despise when hearing that a woman would actually run for Election. With this last election and all the religious people coming out of the woodwork claiming victory for moral America, are we ready to accept a woman as president? In a lot of ways society teaches us that women are not as strong or capable as men, but really when we look at women like Hillary she certainly can be said to be doing a equivalent job in regards to her male counterparts. She certainly can hold her own and is well versed in the goings on in government.
    **++** Welcome to MANGA WORLD **++** Join Today!
    ---Now Accepting Moderators!

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    I dont know, I still dont think America is ready. You are right Hillary is the strongest female candidate mentioned to date I believe and I dont doubt she wouldnt be a good one, I just dont see it happening. I think maybe two or three elections down the road if America stays on the route to more equality like we have been there is a decent shot for a woman to take office as the President, but in 2008? I just dont see it happening.

Newbie bone may be famous one day bone may be famous one day bone's Avatar
    Thanks
    I honestly think America would vote for the right woman for the job. I don't see it in Hillary Clinton. Chances are she wouldn't be a strong candidate had her "husband" not been president.

I do think that there are a lot of people who would vote for her because they want to see a woman elected and not because they think she is the "right candidate". Sort of like people voting Democrat or Republican for the sake of voting Democrat or Republic, and that is troubling to me.

Otaku Purplefire may be famous one day Purplefire may be famous one day Purplefire's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by bone
    I honestly think America would vote for the right woman for the job. I don't see it in Hillary Clinton. Chances are she wouldn't be a strong candidate had her "husband" not been president.

I do think that there are a lot of people who would vote for her because they want to see a woman elected and not because they think she is the "right candidate". Sort of like people voting Democrat or Republican for the sake of voting Democrat or Republic, and that is troubling to me.

I wouldn't vote because of someone if they are a woman, I would vote because of what they stand for. I think if a strong woman comes up that is with the people, not because shes a woman but because of what she stands for, I think that will happen in the future. I think possibly in this generation since we are becomming so open-minded, and alot of us are more accepting of things then we use to be. Gay Marriage is an example of somehing we struggle with now, sure there are people that dont like it, but nowadays being gay is becoming a common thing where back in the older days it was considered almost sinful or distasteful to say that you were gay. But anyways, there definately will be a female president soon i believe, i know i would love to be president muhaha

80% Evil l 5% Insane l 15% Addict l 0% Lack of Guinea Pigs
    lAnime TalklAnime OnlinelOtaku BoardslMini Tokyo

Newbie Nemontine89 may be famous one day Nemontine89 may be famous one day Nemontine89's Avatar
    Thanks
    Even if Hillary Clinton ran for prez in 2008 (not a sure thing yet, right? )
    she would only get votes from the east and the west, and not a whole lot in the south. Some people are ready for a woman prez but she's not neccesarily the best choice.

I wuv me my gumbies XD

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    In 2008 if Hillary ran she would get about half of the states Kerry got and thats it. I dont think the election would be close at all.

And I agree with you, as a person living in the south and at the present time taking an American Government class, there are alot of people that vote a certain way just to vote that way. I had to go around campus doing a mock election vote and I found that the choices were very close to what actually happened. Bush got 12 votes to Kerry's 10, 2 voted for another party, and 1 was undecided. This was out of 25 participants by the way. The entire class actually got a similar vote total after we tallied it all up. But what we found after a two day long debate over it is that many people felt like the people they got to take the vote ballot voted Republican simply because either their friends were or their parents were. It is sad but I'd go as far as to say half of the voters already have their mind made up without even watching the election at all.

I didnt vote this year because I'd personally rather not talk about the debate or the President anymore than I have to and that includes complaining about him. Last election I voted Gore, that was my first election. This election I know I would have voted Kerry if I was forced to vote, but I disagreed with alot of his arguments, enough to make me not want to vote for either. I live in the south where I caught quite a bit of fire for my decision especially from friends who are diehard Republicans. I dont know, this did get off topic, but I'm going to bring it around full circle now. I dont consider myself either Democrat, Republican, Green Party, or any other party. I vote for what I believe is right for this country, but I dont think alot of other people do. I think alot of people have their minds made up for them, and in the case of Hillary Clinton, I honestly dont think the south is ready for that, I dont think the midwest is ready for it, and I think outside of New England and maybe the West Coast no one else is either. I'm not trying to say dont vote for her, because if you feel shes right then go right ahead, but I just dont see it happening.

Man I'm getting tired of using that line.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I believe that a person is usually elected because of who they are and I don't believe that Hillary Clinton would be that person. I do believe that the time is comming when we will see a female president and I wonder who it will be. Whoever it is they will need a very supportive husband. The President is not a job I would wish on any man or woman who doesn't have a supportive spouse.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I think it's very possible that she's elected.
    What would really be an interesting election is a white woman and a black man. the media would go nuts. would it show just how racist or sexist the country still is?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast