Thread: History Questions Answered!

Newbie RocknRoll Ronin may be famous one day RocknRoll Ronin may be famous one day
    Thanks

History Questions Answered!

Hi there! Konnichi wa, mina! Ikage desu ka? I'm currently a student in Japanese history and commonly find very few people are actually interested in the subject. Things seem to be different here after a quick browse of the forums! So, i'm not exactly a walking encyclopedia, but darnit i'm rather close! So anyone with any question related in any way to the historically accurate info in different animes, or just solid basic info ranging from the mid Heian period, through the last days of the Meiji Revolution, i'd be more than happy to do my best to provide answers! And, if i don't know the answer, i'll admit it and make it a point to find out for you. Good luck trying to stump me though

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: History Questions Answered!

Grumble Grumble Grumble

Okay, I'll try the first question...

The Japanese Super Battleship class 'Yamato' (Yamato, Musashi) had ships named after famous samurai. Now Miyamoto Musashi (Author of the 'Book of Five Rings') is well known in the West, (no doubt due to the Kurosawa film). But who is Yamato???
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie RocknRoll Ronin may be famous one day RocknRoll Ronin may be famous one day
    Thanks

an excellent question! while i'm not familiar with the japanese super battleship classing choice in names, i would have to say that the most prominent figure that comes to mind, still fits the samaurai genre entirely. Yamato Sogo was the original writer and document formulator so to speak that immortalized the infamous 'Code of Bushido' around 1760 i believe; he was also known as an excelled samurai (though perhaps not as good as Musashi in combat ) who was very loyal to the Bushi(fighting men)'s codes of conduct, ideas, and principles in their entirety. He was also said to be very skilled in calligraphy and poems of various mediums. The Code of Bushido Highlighted the Bakumatsu or Edo period with the sum of all their evolutions from the early Heian period when advanced militarism first began to truly become a constant concept, of course, in the wonderfully excruciative detail that the japanese have for their passions Therefore making him in all essence to context a rather extraordinary man during the samurai age. Thanx for posting your question! From what i've read around the forum you seem quite knowledgable yourself
    Last edited by RocknRoll Ronin; Oct 26, 2005 at 01:24 AM.

Newbie kenji320 may be famous one day kenji320 may be famous one day kenji320's Avatar
    Thanks

well this may stump you but you seem quite knowledgable, and confident. i'm a student of japanese history as well . do you know the two prominent figures the "himura kenshin" from "rurouni kenshin" is based from, one is from durring the meiji revolution, and one is from years after. well lets see if i've stumped you or not.
    Last edited by kenji320; Nov 14, 2005 at 04:18 PM.