Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: A History of Violence

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

A History of Violence

A film you should definately view! It's gained nothing but remarkable early reviews so far and I'll be back with my own later today. For those who aren't aware, this movie is actually a comic based film and promises to stay true and just as grisly as the graphic novel. I trust the claim. I mean afterall, the flick is being directed by David Cronenberg who is responsible for such cult classics as Scanners,The Fly,Videodrome and Naked Lunch so i'm not worried about the gore, i'm sure there will be plenty of it

Read up on the graphic novel at
    http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...glance&s=books

And the film's website
    www.historyofviolence.com

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: A History of Violence

Yeah I saw the trailer and was just blown away, it looked like the best movie so far this year acting wise in a 4 minute clip. Ed Harris (one of the most underrated actors and villains out there) just looks so creepy and evil its great, plus the mystery side of it they offered was pretty interesting too. Of course I'm gonna see Serenity first but I'm hoping to fit this one in sometime soon as well.

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks

I have heard great reviews about it I'm definitely ready to check out some great cinema I need to get "Serenity" out of the way first, been dieing for this one and the reviews have been fantastic!

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm going to see it on Saturday! I absolutely love Ed Harris... What a brilliant actor. And I love Viggo... *sigh* But I have the feeling I won't be disappointed. I would like to read the book, as well.

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

I've been looking forward to this one too.
    Could be a great break from all the utter shit I've been trying to avoid in recent times.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

One damned good film. I just saw it about an hour ago and i'm beyond satisfied with the results. Great performances all around (Ed Harris was the man!), Cinematography was moody and pitch perfect,score was great....and now for the content.....

*SPOILER*

Oh me oh my, we're blessed with all kind of of grusome goodies in this bizarre opus..
    Noses are caved in then ripped off, Abdomens are blown out, Necks are snapped like it's going out of style....and a whole bunch of grisly gunshot wounds that recall the good ol' splatter days. Nice! This gives me a little bit more faith in Hollywood by letting me know that in this day of watered down, pussified films....they're still willing to unleash an edgy film from time to time. Go see it!

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

I just got back from seeing it, and yes its really good and really, really violent.

David Croenberg is a very interesting director. He uses really good cinematography (I think I spelt that wrong), and though I've never loved any of the movies I've seen of his so far, they always kept me interested and slightly disturbed.

But this is definitly his best movie to date. And the ending is a perfect non-Hollywood ending.

Its worth watching if you can handle some brutal violence.

Devoted Otaku Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose may be famous one day Spike'sRose's Avatar
    Thanks

I must say I LOVED it. Violent - heck yes. But it was well placed violence. And Ed Harris - AWESOME. What a personality that character had! I would go see it again, and then buy it when it's released on DVD - and force everyone I know to watch it. Two thumbs way up

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast