Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Delerium
    Well I wouldnt have made a thread about a movie I was disappointed about.
    It's just that these parts made me think you weren't extremely fond of it.

Just got back from a midnight showing and I very much liked it. Its good family fun at the movies, sure some of the more British jokes wont hit most people but the combination of Sam Rockwell, Marvin, and the space ship are just hilarious. I highly suggest this movie if you've got nothing better to do over the next couple days. Or even if you do, fit it in you'll probably a least laugh once and thats only if you have no sense of humor at all.

Otaku roger_smith may be famous one day roger_smith may be famous one day roger_smith's Avatar
    Thanks
    I kinda wonder how many more good books they are going to ruin by making movies out of them. All the Tom Clancy based movies are shit in comparrison and that friggin nerd Peter Jackson ruined a perfect epic trilogy formally known as Lord of the Rings now known as Bord of the Rings.

When will the madness end; and this crappy horror movie fad has to be stopped as well even the damn comic book movies are getting really old. It seems as though noone can come up with their own ideas any more and if they do its a crappy film anyway.

Banned aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67 has become well known aceman67's Avatar
    Thanks
    I saw the movie last night and I enjoyed it, but it wasn't what it was all hyped up to be. Its still a good movie, especially if you enjoy British Comedies.

I loved the Point of View gun.

well, So Long, And thanx for all the Fish! ^_^;

Otaku vb0xn4rd may be famous one day vb0xn4rd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Okay, you've just reminded me of the only part of the movie I really liked: The dolphins "singing" So Long, And Thanks For All The Fish. It was a really wacky idea, but it managed to be hilarious. Plus the lyrics actually made better sense of what was happening than the rest of the movie did.

Anyhoo, I guess I'm hoping that if they decide to make The Restaurant At The End of the Universe, they'll do a better job of it.

Otaku Mana may be famous one day Mana may be famous one day Mana's Avatar
    Thanks
    My boyfriend isn't really in a hurry to see this, and neither am I. Parts being left out and all that jazz. I'll still see it eventually though.
    "so i herd u liek mudkips"

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks
    I liked it, and yeah the humour was very dry aka British but it was funny.

And come on, the part where they turned into those yarn people was hilarious.

Plus Marvin...Marvin rocked.

Newbie roly_poly may be famous one day roly_poly may be famous one day roly_poly's Avatar
    Thanks
    i want to see this movie so bad. but it doesn't quite feel right unless i've read the books. which i haven't and i never will.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Saw it a few hours ago....I really dug the film alot and i think that it was very entertaining. Some people are thrown off by the brit-humor but i was hip to all of it and it tickled me many times throughout the film. I was highly impressed by Mos Def in this film, him being my favorite hip-hop artist and all i went to go see it in the first place mainly to see him do his thing. He did a great job playing Ford Prefect and the rest of the cast was great, the fx were nice (the earth construction tour was f*ckin money) and the story was deep and interesting. And how about the excellent creature fx by the Jim Henson shop huh? I admit a few spots in the film drag here and there but it didn't bother me much. Splendid flick!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast