Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Holidays

Gundam Builder Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x may be famous one day Ragn0r0x's Avatar
    Thanks

Holidays

Every country has their own holidays. Most people get the major holidays off but todays is Veterans Day in the United States and I had class. Whats up with that! ! the rest of my family and friends had the day off, how come my university didnt do the same for me and the other students.

Newbie nospheratus may be famous one day nospheratus may be famous one day nospheratus's Avatar
    Thanks
    In canada, We have "Jour du souvenir" The same thing as the veterans day. The only one with a day off are the person working for the gouvernement, post office, ect.

Do you need a day off to do your home work...

Otaku shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    Heh, dont feel bad. I didnt get the day off either.

2jz
    Newbie 2jz may be famous one day 2jz may be famous one day 2jz's Avatar
    Thanks
    yeah i'm from the U.S. and i think that is bullsh*t

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    All you college students are just going to have to suck it up. There are very, very few colleges and universities in the US that close for Veterans Day, just as very few close for Columbus Day or Presidents Day. This is because if it's a day off for the students, it would be a day off for the employees, and the university wants to minimize the number of paid holidays it gives through the course of the year.

Typically the time off that would have gone for Veteran's Day is given to the employees around Christmas so they get a more of a break around the bigger holiday.

Truth is, university holidays have NOTHING whatsoever to do with the students and everything to do with the employees. You students get fall breaks, spring breaks, semester breaks and summers off -don't bitch about not getting Veteran's Day.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

a17
    Newbie a17 may be famous one day a17 may be famous one day a17's Avatar
    Thanks
    Colleges /university in UK dont close for remembernce day (veterans day) either, but i just have to skip college for that day cause its my birthday and i gotto celebrate.. so always a holiday for me ^^

Otaku SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan may be famous one day SenseiGohan's Avatar
    Thanks
    No day off here for me hey.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Often givivg time off on Holidays only trivializes the day. In the case of Thanksgiving and Christmas it is appropriate because they are times when poeple gather in-mass. On "memorial" days however a moment of silence or rememberence of some kind is much more appropriate. One of the greatest fears of people I speak to is that 9-11 will be made a day off work and turn into just another excuse to party. In the case of Veterans day I have to say I would feel the same way.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast