Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Homo Sapiens Vs. Adam & Eve

Newbie Lady Symphony may be famous one day Lady Symphony may be famous one day Lady Symphony's Avatar
    Thanks

Homo Sapiens Vs. Adam & Eve

“The universe is constructed from a multitude of various materials. It is dynamic in form and shape due to a multitude of various processes and interactions between these materials. To the human, however, in his need to establish his place and purpose in the universe, the most important material is biological and the most important process is evolution, far it is only here that the human can learn to understand himself, an understanding that is vital to his survival.” Anonymous

Over the centuries of theoretical and religious beliefs about how human began to walk on earth’s soil is still questioned. We the people have always listened, read, ect. about such things as this, causing hatred and racism (Practically more than that….I’m just pointing out the facts), have you ever truly questioned how your first ancestors were born or have even constructed your own theory of human evolution. Well lately I have been, since I am taking philosophy in religion as one of my courses. It hit me there and suddenly I felt inspired to post a topic about this. I mean what is really the truth?…Can either side (Religion or Paleanthropologist (scientist, ect.) actually prove this or have one of them already figured it out? Rather, science uses circumstantial evidence, and religion is built on faith.To illustrate, there are various things (fossils, DNA, etc.) that point to the possibility of "this and that" happening, which lead up to the creation of man. That's the science half of it. On the other hand, you have religion, that says, "It went like this," and, to a large extent, has not been disproven. Granted, it hasn't been proven either, but it's stood the test of time,

But do you actually believe what they show you or read?…I want your opinions as well as which side you go for. Here are some links...there are thousands…but I went for the first three ^.^.

http://www.onelife.com/evolve/manev.html

http://www.angelfire.com/mi/dinosaurs/genesis.html

http://www.parvez-video.com/insight/islam/adam_eve_theory/index.asp

Note: I shall edit this if I or anyone else find erra in my posting.

Mod Edit: Removed Font Color. The text is unreadable under the 'Test' skin, which is the beta of the future default configuration.

Otaku Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi's Avatar
    Thanks
    I believe in the evolution theory, because there is more logic in it. And I'm a person who bases things off of logic. Not that things just appear out of thin air.

Newbie Lady Symphony may be famous one day Lady Symphony may be famous one day Lady Symphony's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yes I do agree to your insight upon this discusion. Lately I have been asking my friends who won't take it as an offense about this and "God". I asked, 'Why is it that you believe in something that you cannot see?'. I aslo said, 'I simply think it's a blanket of security....when things go wrong you run to it praying and asking for hope...the majority of the time it becomes worse or left alone. When something bad happens you look to god to blame and ask why..then love when a miracle happens. It's just a complex thing humans have created for them to go to when something happens due to their own inability to cope and do things for oneself. But this is marely my own opinion and collected thoughts as I type.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

Ah, the old argument about incompatibility between science and religion, when in fact no incompatibility exists. If you were to do research on what is the most basic definition of what SCIENCE is, (and yes, there are writeups in both Science and Philosophy texts), the ultimate defintion of 'SCIENCE' is that it is a philosophy that views, measures, and analysis the world through the rules of logic. But science is a very harsh philosophy. It doesn't matter how much you want, or feel, or hope that something is right, if the body of proven evidence and the rules of logic say that your cherished idea is wrong, then IT'S WRONG!. Science is also a very limited philosophy, as it can only comment on concepts that can be measured and observed in a consistent fashion, through direct or indirect means. Basic philosophical concepts such as 'What is the meaning of Life?' or 'Does God exists, or not exists?' are outside the realms of Science because the concepts cannot be worded in fashion that permits measurement and observation. Only Religion, which is not limited by the bounds of logic, can explore these concepts.

If you look through out the history of Science, many scientific leaders considered themselves religious men. From Benjimin Franklin, Charles Darwin, Carol von Linn, Einstein... Many scientiest both past and present look upon their studies as an attempt to gleam further understandings of the works of God...
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ahem...your links don't work. I keep getting "D-link" instead.

Since you asked, I'm a creationist.

Why? Because I find evolution to be inconsistent and unproven. I also have no difficulty believeing that an advanced being (God) could create man, or anything else, considering the technology and advances we have made in DNA manipulation and cloning technology. So God's more technologically advanced then we are. Not a problem.

I also have a stong faith, but I find the more I learn the stronger it gets.

Good topic btw. Should be interesting. I wonder how many people have actually sat down to form an opinion on the subject rather then just repeating whatever they have been taught?

PS. There is a thread on "greater beings???" here , but it has been more then 2 weeks by about 4 days.
    PPS. I know alot of people who believe in both. As LenMiyata pointed out they are not mutually exclusive.
    Last edited by Arrianna; May 21, 2005 at 06:03 PM.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks
    interesting insights on the two latest posting, I simply can't argue with that. I am left speechless of such intellectual views upon this, no one is wrong because it is merely an opinion that should be spoken and heard. I do agree that scientist are a form of religion...a religion of science.

Otaku Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1 may be famous one day Avatar theif#1's Avatar
    Thanks
    im more of a evolutionnest because it explains alot more than religon. religon just tells you storys not facts it says god made the earth in 7 days but it didnt tell you how he made it thats what i want to know i dont realy care how long it took him i care about how and why he made the earth/humans. i guess thats why i beleave in science more that religon

Do to others as you see fit

You's Trollin Pro Leafblower Champion, Helicopter Champion ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro is making a name for themselves ketaro's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar theif#1
    im more of a evolutionnest because it explains alot more than religon. religon just tells you storys not facts it says god made the earth in 7 days but it didnt tell you how he made it thats what i want to know i dont realy care how long it took him i care about how and why he made the earth/humans. i guess thats why i beleave in science more that religon
    I believe that god made the earth because he wanted a place to put his creations. lol

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast