Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Homo Sapiens Vs. Adam & Eve

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar theif#1
    im more of a evolutionnest because it explains alot more than religon. religon just tells you storys not facts it says god made the earth in 7 days but it didnt tell you how he made it thats what i want to know i dont realy care how long it took him i care about how and why he made the earth/humans. i guess thats why i beleave in science more that religon
    Umm... did you even READ Genesis? Hold on a moment...
    *Switches to Christian Mode*
    Clearly, if they were to say HOW he did it, then it wouldn't be a Godly act. I might be off on my Christian here, but isn't the mere IDEA of demanding to know how God does something considered sacrilege?
    *Switches out*

*Changes to normal, Atheist mode*
    But back on subject. I personally believe in the Evolutionist idea (although I shudder at the thought of really bad "evidence" hidden in everyday Biology textbooks which have been proven false many times over).
    Although I just labeled myself as an Atheist, I would like to "alter" that title a little bit. Yes, I believe in the Earth being created by scientific phenomena, yes, I believe in evolution. YES, I believe there is someTHING up there (up being relative). I don't really know why, and the best way I can explain my feelings on the matter is to point out simple psychology: I feel a need to have someTHING up there, so there's always some idea of a continued life.

I hate the idea of just "dying".
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Avatar theif#1
    im more of a evolutionnest because it explains alot more than religon. religon just tells you storys not facts it says god made the earth in 7 days but it didnt tell you how he made it thats what i want to know i dont realy care how long it took him i care about how and why he made the earth/humans. i guess thats why i beleave in science more that religon
    Exacxtly. That addam and eve concept was bullshit. Evolution theorys make way more sence, with all the fossil and scientific evidence. I heard theres bones of man that carbon dates way before addam and eve were suppost to be around. Explain that. Also who cares, god could have created both ancient man(cave man) or addam and eve. So he could have had his hand in both concepts.
    Last edited by Miroku4444; May 21, 2005 at 08:24 PM.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    Evolution theorys make way more sence, with all the fossil and scientific evidence. I heard theres bones of man that carbon dates way before addam and eve were suppost to be around. Explain that.
    Just so you know, I wouldn't believe anything proven with carbon-dating. It's unreliable past recorded history and even that is under suspicion. Any science that is based on the "we'll just through away any data that doesn't agree with us" mindset is not reliable in my book.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi may be famous one day Lady Sasumi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well there is nothing to believing in God except reading the bible. Where is the proof in God? If there was any shred of evidence, I might become a believer, but no, there is nothing but a book. Who a human wrote, in the name a God. What if he made it up?

Also, there are many different religions, who all think they believe what is right. However, they can't be all right. Which means they all have there own little theories to how we were created, but none of them come as close to science in the logic catergory.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    But all that addam and eve stuff is religious non-sence. BTW im not an athiest. In the animal and plant kingdom things evolve. So us being an animal too, doesnt it make sence we evolved too and came from some acient animal speices? ??

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    I wouldn't trust science all the time when comes to finding the origin of humans. Because science is a constant changing of "facts" based off what we conclude as "logical". At least God is consistent and not deciding to change the way of thinking just because something seems illogical. Besides, religion isn't suppose to give you all the answers, it's all about faith. Can you still believe in God after listening and reading crap like this? That's what religion is all about! Maybe the stories in the bible aren't true, maybe they intentionally use illogical stories to provide the reader with situations in which you have to keep faith.

Besides, science is a human creation. Which means it's naturally flawed. Because it was derived from imperfect beings. The people who wrote the bible aren't 100% either, because it was writ by humans, not God himself. That's why you gotta die before you have all the answers.

Otaku Siren may be famous one day Siren may be famous one day Siren's Avatar
    Thanks
    Someone mentioned... has anyone actually READ the creation stories (yes, more than one) according to Genesis? Let me see here...

"So God created humankind in his image, in the image of God he created them; male and female he created them." Genesis 1:27

Note how it says "humankind". As in, they were created equal.

"So the Lord God caused a deep sleep to fall upon the man, and he slept; then he took one of his ribs and closed up its place with flesh. And the rib that the Lord God had taken from the man he made into a woman and brought her to the man. Then the man said, 'This at last is bone of my bones and flesh of my flesh; this one shall be called Woman, for out of Man this one was taken.'" Genesis 2:21-23

Note how it says women were created from men.

Okay, so... what is it? Two versions of the same story? Two completely different creations? If I remember correctly... Eve was not even Adam's first wife. I'm not an expert on the story though, so I'd have to do a little research, and I'm too lazy to do that right now. =P

Personally, I can't believe the Bible when it contradicts itself so much throughout it. There are several "taboos" that are covered in the Bible, and most of the opinions end up contradicting themselves. I'd rather see the Bible as the work of literature I believe it is as opposed to a religious text that should be followed as a way of life.
    "I go online sometimes, but everyone's spelling is really bad... It's depressing." ~Tara from BtVS

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    ^ yes, but then for some of these contradictions, you have to wonder, are they true contradictions, or is it some kind of strange metaphor? That's what makes deciefering the Holy Bible so difficult, what do you take as literal, and what do you take as metapor?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast