Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Homo Sapiens Vs. Adam & Eve

Newbie Seijuro_Kasumi may be famous one day Seijuro_Kasumi may be famous one day Seijuro_Kasumi's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hai hai hai...i agree that both are indeed possible. My view is.....anything is possible, there is evidence of both and i do believe there is a higher power...God or by any other name. (Not truely religious, more spiritual) But either or both can be true.
    Anna & Kas's Frosted mini posties©..... mmmm
    The artist formerly known as Shandi XP

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Sasumi
    I believe in the evolution theory, because there is more logic in it. And I'm a person who bases things off of logic. Not that things just appear out of thin air.
    True there is no proof that the bible is a factual archive it could have been the ravings of people from long ago not have seen a person advanced in healing or in kindness, there is also no proof of an absolute being, and no proof that jesus was real. now buhdda is a different story...
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by thevampirealacrud
    True there is no proof that the bible is a factual archive it could have been the ravings of people from long ago not have seen a person advanced in healing or in kindness, there is also no proof of an absolute being, and no proof that jesus was real. now buhdda is a different story...
    Oh yeah buhddas posssiable, but not jesus!! Um ok!!!

Otaku death_knight may be famous one day death_knight may be famous one day death_knight's Avatar
    Thanks
    k really i'm inclined to believe that there is a god. the stories fromt he bible that some have Called BS i believe to be fables, small stories to convey a morale lesson and nothing more. the true origin of the bibles content i'm not sure of but i'm sure most of it is written by man. 'inspired or not it was done by men". now sometimes i think about religion as a control situation.
    Opensources is where my heart is
    Ishida Uryuu - The true one winged angel

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by death_knight
    k really i'm inclined to believe that there is a god. the stories fromt he bible that some have Called BS i believe to be fables, small stories to convey a morale lesson and nothing more. the true origin of the bibles content i'm not sure of but i'm sure most of it is written by man. 'inspired or not it was done by men". now sometimes i think about religion as a control situation.
    No, it no fable!! It may be altered by man in its content, but the origons are truthfull.

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    You're a classic example of someone who is socially informed and not someone who has actually went about reading texts.

If you're going to say the Judo-Christian bibles are nonsense, at least give us a reason why other then the dislike for the current Christian movement which so influences many of our own opinions.

Have you ever read the bible?

The bible doesn't start with Jesus as the center. It talks about linages for thousands of years, I'm sure there are students out there who know just how many generations it spands before Christ, where humans fit into a place before time was even kept.

The idea of god which is outlined in this book is NOT A PERSON like so many tend to link him with. Like the Indians who use images of people like deities to represent emotions and desires, they only give them an image for the people starting out into spirituality. Jesus was very much a person. He is a repersentation of the possiblities in oursevles to achieve a higher understanding outside the body.

What has happend though is a misdirection, misinterpretation in my opinion of a quest within the self. Instead they've turned it into a story for people to read and fear, but not understand it's true teachings. A person filled with the world of the human body will often take ideas which are not needed to be thought about. This is the wrong doing of Christianity. Jewish people have a strong faith, they study the bible not through fear but through tradition and spiritual quests. At least in my experience.

Buddha, or the story of Buddha is very much a Jesus story, but the story is not important. It is the quest for understanding. The way it is presented to new human beings over the ages is one that often leads to something that is outlined in many religions, but like all religions it has corruption, predifined answers that are forced not understood.

The problem isnt about where your body has come from, but where the awareness comes from. The experince of the mind and body through whatever creates those senses.

That is the religion. Science does a good job at explaining what we see and experience but it can't be understood unless you teach yourself that way of communication. Just like the universal spirit (god) isn't experienced unless you teach yourself a form prayer.

The body doesn't explain these things, so why ask what is right and wrong when it is all just a way of talking about nothingness.

[J]

TCR Owner and Operator Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem may be famous one day Ninrev Sirgem's Avatar
    The land of the Gooch(Goochland), in Virginina. USA
    Thanks
    I have to agree. I Have READ THE ENTIRE BIBLE. You go to a Prestigious Catholic School for nine years, you pick up on a few things. If you find some inconsistencies in its writings, remember that it was translated in four languages before it reached its modern form. (Hebrew to Latin to Germanic<Very different from modern> to English.

Besides, what does it matter how e were all born. Would it really hurt you if you woke up one day and found out you were a descendant of an ape, or made of clay. What do our origins or past matters, it is the way that we live that is important. If you trult want to show you are a good person, then be a lil more tolerant of other's beliefs.
    Trars.com/forums <---The newest hot rpg place

Otaku ryke12 may be famous one day ryke12 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninrev Sirgem
    I have to agree. I Have READ THE ENTIRE BIBLE. You go to a Prestigious Catholic School for nine years, you pick up on a few things. If you find some inconsistencies in its writings, remember that it was translated in four languages before it reached its modern form. (Hebrew to Latin to Germanic<Very different from modern> to English.
    Lessee *counts* Hebrew to Latin... 1... Latin to Germanic... 2... Germanic to English... 3... I'm not seeing this fourth translation.

Even the Latin to Germanic to English is a stretch, because the Bible is mainly translated from Latin to English, skipping the "middle-man" that you mention.

Oh, yeah. Reading the entire bible? Not really hard. Don't brag about it. INTERPRETING the Bible, however, is another topic.

Oh, yeah, and (I think I read this offa one of Arrianna's posts, back in the day, so sorry if I restate your facts (this was a couple months back), I respect ya, Arrianna, and don't wish to offend ya) when you refer to the inconsistencies, maybe you're referring to the part where it describes pork as being unhealthy, and women being inferior? Just a thought, and didn't people believe that Jesus absolved them of this (or something like that (like I said, I'm not strong on my Christian))?
    Maybe I'll come up eith a sig soon... until then, be patient.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast