Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: homosexuals

Otaku linx88 may be famous one day linx88 may be famous one day
    Thanks

homosexuals

okay first i'm not gay. but that doesn't mean i don't support them. so wat if they like someone of the same sex, i doesn't bother me. why do so many people dislike gays? i think that if they are the ones with the problem, not gays. i myself also support gay marriage. why should they not be able to marry? i know there are some problems here and there, but ultimately, i think that they should still be aloud.
    www.myspace.com/fallabletruth

92% of teens moved to rap. if u are part of the 8% that rock out every day, put this on your sig!!!!

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I think the 'fear' itself comes from the development of our society. No one group or person is to blame except the persons who commit violent acts against people who are just being themselves.

The definition of marriage is where everyone has their problem. If we consider the Christian side of things, which is where you'll find most of the debate on the against side for marriage. Then again, we have a very musculine society and most people feel threatened for some reason if a guy is attracted to them. Like it's going to turn them into a raging flashly shirt sporting homo.

Acceptance is all one can do. You don't have to like it, you just have to understand this is how people are and accept them for it.

In my opinion gay marriage isn't ontop of most gays agenda, but those who want to should be able to share the same legal rights as a married couple.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    You're actually making a common mistake. You're confusing the behavior with the person. When people do that you get one of two extreams, either you like the person or behavior so you feel you have to accept both in whatever manner they are presented or you don't approve of the person or behavior so you end up disliking/hating both. The truth is most people I know do consider people and behavior seperately. I love my sister but I cannot stand most of what she does (no she's not gay) as a result I spend as little time with her as possible to prevent a row. It is the same with homosexuality. You can be tolerant of someones behavior with out finding it acceptable. Just because you don't approve of it doesn't mean you are "afraid of" or "hate" the person involved, only that you don't care for what they are doing.

Tolerating the behavior likewise is not a rubber stamp of whatever they do. When their behavior conflicts witha basic belief you hold in such a way that it will impact you or society there is a moral obligation to speak up. It is the reason people speak up on environment issues and on education. It is the same with homosexual marriage. If you hold marriage sacred as an institution between a man and woman for the purpose of raising a family then you are obliged to speak up about something that has the potential to destroy the basis of marriage.

It is not a case of over reacting or bigotry. In countries where homosexual marriages have been made legal the numbers of unwed mothers, live in lovers, and sexual behavior of all kinds has increased dramatically. When asked why, those engaging in said behavior informed reporters that they saw no reason not to since it wasn't like marriage actually meant anything anyway. It is that very destruction of marriage that those who oppose homosexual marriage are opposed to and the resulting damage to the children being forced to live in such environments.

An interesting note however. A "Marriage" is a cerimony conducted by a religious official, a "Civil Marriage/Union" is one conducted by the state. Under the circumstances expecting people of religious backgrounds not to have an opinion is unrealistic.
    Last edited by Arrianna; Mar 05, 2005 at 10:32 AM.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Well said, i have to admit I was in a rush when I replied but the thing that stands out time and time again are the ideals that our countries were formed on--equal rights for those who choose to be citizens.

I am bi. I have a lot of gay friends and when I sitting on the bus or even walking down the street people notice their behavior and everything from verbal to phsyical assults have occured.

Some of them are very 'straight ' acting but once someone knows they competely change face. Being gay doesnt have rules and behavior guidelines. There are sterotypes that I'll admit people fit but just like any sterotype there are a majority that don't fit it thus leaving the fact that they are attracted to the same sex as the only reason why people begin to be fearful.

There are Christian followers who are openly gay and perform gay marriage here in Nova Scotia where it is legal. Of course they're not catholic but does that mean they don't have the right to have their beliefs and practices spit into their face because of how they are? No. Nobody does. Do we keep people who have mental disabilities from getting marriage? No.

I guess the real issue isn't about marriage. The issue is about me being able to show love for anyone I feel it for without being threatened for attack. You don't have to like it, you just have to remember I'm human to.

(note, this isn't all directed at you arrianna)

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    let's not try to bring in religion into this topic, because I mean yes some Christian churches are openly against it, but that doesn't mean they are only people. Hate to throw my parents out like this, but seeing them from the previous generation, they do not understand and gets semi-annoyed with stuff they see on tv.

and I think there's a reason why people would maybe dislike homosexuals here in San Francisco, their pride parades make us drivers get stuck in traffic for hours....just a point I want to throw out

EDIT: Before anyone of us even post in this thread, we truly gotta ask ourselves in our hearts, to imagine what would happen if you suddenly find out that someone close, maybe a best friend, a relative, sibling, or son or daughter came out. Would you still be "COOL" about it, or would you throw a tantrum. We must be careful not to be hypocritical about these sort of things and if we cant even handle someone close telling you their sexual orientation is homosexual than you should not say you are cool about it.
    Last edited by Legend; Mar 05, 2005 at 01:22 PM. Reason: Because I am going to the candy shop

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Newbie HRob may be famous one day HRob may be famous one day HRob's Avatar
    Thanks
    I think the reason gay marriage is a big controversy is because some people think that gay marriage would only start more problems. I don't mean problems, but..it's like, if a gay couple gets marry, they 'll soon would want to sart a family, they're going to want kids. To me does not right; i don't think is normal for a kid to grow with two daddys or two mommies, not in todays society. It's true that could probably give that kid all the love that parents could give but is not normal, the child might grow confussed and even if he understand it would be kind of hard on him. I think it's cool if u love someone and want to show ur love by marrying that person but don't adopt a child just because you want to feel like a parent, just think about that child and the consecuenses.
    I don't dislike gay people, i do dislike loud and obnoxious people. And some gay people are very loud and obnoxious, just like there are hispanics, blacks, white, asians...If u are gay and just minding ur own bussiness, cool.

Newbie Niledhel may be famous one day Niledhel may be famous one day Niledhel's Avatar
    Thanks
    People are just used to "Men & Women" together i guess, if everyone was gay when the world started, we'd think being 'straight' is differant.

Sig kindly made by Hikari Sakurai

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Niledhel
    People are just used to "Men & Women" together i guess, if everyone was gay when the world started, we'd think being 'straight' is differant.
    Yes, but where would the children be? Short world. lol

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast