Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: homosexuals

Newbie jkun17 may be famous one day jkun17 may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I have nothing against homosexuality or their marriage or their service in the armed forces or anything. Whether or not homosexuality is a choice or a natural predisposition is not at all taken into consideration when I formed my opinion on homosexuality. I find nothing wrong with a man falling in love with another man or a woman falling in love with another woman.

What people do with their lives is none of my or the governments business so long as it does not adversely affect the people around them.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Boo45
    Hmm....i personally am not against it...its just that when they are into liking you its just....."whoa! im not like that" type sort of situation you know?..its hard enough that they got it hard on them from the media and other people around them...but i think that our society is being way tooo....whats the word here....secular? i dont know..but people are all hating them and even the church dont like them....what happend to the value of loving all for who they are? What kind of church are they becoming? I dont mean to bring in religion...but i honestly think that this situation is getting way out of hand..its like we all have to act "normal" or something...why cant some people be different? Is it that hard to accept things?
    Wow, I didn't know church was suppose to accept you for who you are, just bring you to their way of thinking. j/k, yeah the whole gay bashing thing will pass, and society will just move on to the next social group to rip on. Sad, but probaly true.

Newbie Himura_Patty may be famous one day Himura_Patty may be famous one day Himura_Patty's Avatar
    Thanks
    here is the issue about marriage...
    marriage – marriage is the legal union of a man and woman as a husband and wife, though the definition might be evolving.(according to www.legal-definitions.com)
    People view the title marriage as a union between a man and a woman...it's what they hold sacred to their hearts...
    I for one strongly support any homosexual or bisexual relationships-I have many friends whom I really care for that live everyday with the fear of rejection by their own parents for who they are and who they are attracted to...and it's really hard on them.
    The Church is opposed to the marriage part of it...it's simply a matter of wording if you ask me...Heck, if you stay with the same person for a certain amount of years, you are considered married according to canadian laws...or as they call it a "life partner"...
    It's sad to think that after a few milleniums, some people are still completely closed to the idea of homosexual relationships...It has been going on for ages and today, it is still seen as Taboo amoungst certain people...
    If you don't like gays, that's fine-everyone is entitled to their opinion-it doesn't mean they shouldn't be viewed as human beings...
    sure, it does seem unnatural to have homosexual relationships present...with the whole procreation thing....but if you were to observe the behaviours of certain animals, some do practice homosexual acts...(google bonobos-close cousins to the chimp-their way of greeting eachother is performed in a sexual matter, male or female...-I also studied this in psychology:if for some reason a male aggravates a female, she will retreat with the other females where they will form a "lesbian alliance" against the males...)Thus to show that it could be part of human nature...just alot of our behaviour was "burned in" through our nurture...
    Himura Patty, also known as the Devil...oh yeah...I am Batman!

11:11 Delerium may be famous one day Delerium may be famous one day Delerium's Avatar
    Thanks
    Doesnt bother me. I have plenty of gay friends. I mean people are allowed to make their own decisions, and because someone chooses to be gay they shouldnt be judged by that. If a gay couple wants to get married why not, who are they hurting? I think the entire issue has been blown out of proportion and people just just learn to respect the desires of others even if it is different from their own.

Otaku thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud may be famous one day thevampirealacrud's Avatar
    Thanks
    most people can be so unfair. i'm gay and they tease me so much about it. it's just not fair.you just want to hit them with a rolling pin or maybe a frying pen....... why cnat people just lwave me alone........at lest my boyfrend still lvoes me for who i is and not what them think about me......
    "You have the strength and power to control your own destinies...and that is the greatest gift of all." ~Lucia

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    You're just a victim of the media. Slamming gays will get old and they'll move to someone else.

Newbie Stormraven may be famous one day Stormraven may be famous one day
    Thanks
    No offense intended, pyoro-pyoro, but saying 'don't bring religion into it' is useless when to many it is a religious issue.

I'll be up front here. For me, homosexuality's a moral issue. It's also what I consider a personal issue, as in, it's their business, between them and their conscience. As I don't know anyone who's gay I can't say for certain how I'd react, but knowing myself, it would probably depend on their attitude. I'd react one way if they continually shove it in my face, and another if they simply deal with it as a part of their life. I may not approve, but really, it's their bedroom, not mine.

Marriage is a whole different kettle of fish. I have no problem with civil unions for homosexuals. Believe it or not, I approve of them. But marriage is ultimately a pact not just between two people, but three. Husband, wife...and God. That is why so many religous folk are outraged by gay marriages.

A civil union is sanctioned and enforced by an earthly government, and covers legal rights and issues.

A marriage is sanctified and judged by a heavenly government. Homosexuality is already a violation of its laws. Wanting gay marriage under this circumstance is like an embezzler saying "I know I stole from you, but I have a right to keep the money anyway."

If this sounds harsh, well, I suppose it is. But it's how I see it.

Otaku nova may be famous one day nova may be famous one day nova's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Yes, but where would the children be? Short world. lol
    the bigger issues like war will make this world a lot shorter for you.

as for being offended by gay behaviour, just imagine how gay people feel when straight people assume they are straight and put it in their face? it can be just as offending and it's not normal for them.
    Last edited by nova; Mar 10, 2005 at 10:40 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast