Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Results 25 to 32 of 45

Thread: homosexuals

  1. #25
    Newbie Stormraven may be famous one day Stormraven may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When I talk about 'shoving it in my face' I'm talking about those who are deliberately being offensive or making a constant issue of it, not those who are simply going about their lives, or trying to make a point.

  2. #26
    jao
    jao is offline
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Thank you LenMiyata and others who have make some very valid statements.

    As for Pyoro-pyoro, the problem is that a lot of relgious folk are the one who bring the most hate against GLBT community, regardless of the marriage issuse.

    There are and always will be a lot of hate crimes towards different people whether it is about race, creed or sexuality.

    The post has gone back to marriage, which is a big thing in the media these days. The only thing I can suggest is join a gay-supporting Chruch or practice another religion. Marriage has legal and social values that regardless of what one section says, if there is a minority, a large one at that, that wants to rights then they should have that option.

    Gay couples are not a new thing. Having them married only means devorce lawyers will have more clients.

    As for accepting GLBT people. As a bisexual I know that I'm not any different from anyone else minus my preferance in what attracts a person to me. In my case it isnt the 'sex of' but the person itself.

    The only thing I wonder is if this is how people of African decent felt in the mid 20th centry and before. Had a black man asked a white girl out would she be outraged? How about her family. Not just black but even asian. Linda Lee's family didn't want her to marry an Asian because it wasn't right. Why is that?

    Things a bit different now. We're not looking for every straight guy to open his arms up and hug another man.

    My last comment to Dark. You're foolish. What goes around comes around. And based on what you said, it wouldn't suprise me if you have homosexual feelings and attractions but hate yourself so much you'd be violent towards someone of your own race. But meh, hopefully you'll grow up and realize that we cant hurt you, only your hate can hurt you.

    [J]

  3. #27
    Newbie Stormraven may be famous one day Stormraven may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jao
    As for Pyoro-pyoro, the problem is that a lot of relgious folk are the one who bring the most hate against GLBT community, regardless of the marriage issuse.
    I get very tired of the religion=bigotry equation people seem to have stuck in their heads, and would like to point out something.

    I know of no religion that says it is okay to harass, denigrate, injure, rape, kill, whatever, another person just because you don't like them or something they do. (Cults are a seperate matter.) Any person who does such a thing and claims religion as their reason is using religion as an excuse for their own hatred/bigotry, and are most likely violating the religion they claim to uphold. The sad truth that religion has been often used in such a way in the past is a result of human nature, not religion, which attempts to raise people above such actions.
    Quote Originally Posted by jao
    Marriage has legal and social values that regardless of what one section says, if there is a minority, a large one at that, that wants to rights then they should have that option.
    Civil unions would adress those legal and social values, which is the place of government - to protect the rights of the society it serves and prevent social anarchy.

    Marriage, though, has always had its basis in religion, in some form or another. In fact, historically speaking, government came rather late into the game in the western word, and originaly in the role of enforcer - to ensure that couples honored the vows they had taken and responsibilities accepted, which is the same role it would play with civil unions.
    Last edited by Stormraven; Mar 11, 2005 at 10:25 AM. Reason: Mis - typed. Sorry

  4. #28
    jao
    jao is offline
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormraven
    Marriage, though, has always had its basis in religion, in some form or another. In fact, historically speaking, government came rather late into the game in the western word, and originaly in the role of enforcer - to ensure that couples honored the vows they had taken and responsibilities accepted, which is the same role it would play with civil unions.

    And your point? I mean besides talking about thing already outlined before.

    What I meant when I outlined marriage is that there are GAY CHRISTIAN priests that wish to have a Christian style marriage. Thus making it a religious event. Here in Canada I've read over and over(National Post is a good one for the oppose side of the issue) about Catholic priest are saying that with 'gay marriage' will force them to commit an act against what they believe. The Cathlotic section has their system and ideas on how Christianity works, but there are others who both support and oppose the issue. Really it is about if they want to do it, let them, but the priests, churches etc that are involved are on their own to decide whether to allow it. Is that the best way to do it. I don't know. But this is supposed to be a country of equal human rights.

    Honestly it isn't a huge issue to me. I'd just like to see less hate towards GLBT community which is unlikely to happen when the media is pushing extremes of an issue that isn't really that important. At least amonst my friends who are gay.

    [J]

  5. #29
    Newbie Stormraven may be famous one day Stormraven may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Utah
    Posts
    72
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Unhappy

    Quote Originally Posted by jao
    And your point? I mean besides talking about thing already outlined before.[J]
    Sorry. I guess one thought bled into another. The rights of government vs religion involving marriage is really a seperate topic. My bad.

    Now returning to your regularly scheduled discussion.

  6. #30
    jao
    jao is offline
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Montreal
    Posts
    228
    Thanks
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Heh, no worries.

    I believe if you do some searching 'gay marriage' was a topic for opinion and debate a little while back.

    ----

    Js to expand on some things said eariler, I know most guys have no problem watching attractive lesbians kiss and hold hands. Is one same sex relationship fine because it sells a lot of straight fantasies?

  7. #31
    Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Sharks Territory
    Posts
    4,762
    Thanks
    64
    Thanked 67 Times in 61 Posts
    I haven't checked back to this thread in a long time, but going back to the religion thing yes there is ARE religions (not sure if there are a lot) that do not like the idea of homosexuality or marriage. But what I am saying is that people who are not favoring the idea of homosexuality goes outside religious people. There are a lot of people who doesn't think out there but there are also those who have their own circumstances and/or reason why they are against it.

    But going to what jao said and religion, about lesbians kissing versus gays and stuff...I am not sure if it's appropriate to say this here but I do know several religions that do not like the idea of ana* sex...

    'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

  8. #32
    Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Posts
    3,259
    Thanks
    19
    Thanked 140 Times in 108 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jao
    Heh, no worries.

    I believe if you do some searching 'gay marriage' was a topic for opinion and debate a little while back.
    Actually linx88 brought it up when he started the thread.

    Quote Originally Posted by linx88
    okay first i'm not gay. but that doesn't mean i don't support them. so wat if they like someone of the same sex, i doesn't bother me. why do so many people dislike gays? i think that if they are the ones with the problem, not gays. i myself also support gay marriage. why should they not be able to marry? i know there are some problems here and there, but ultimately, i think that they should still be aloud.
    The point is that it is a religious issue whether you're speaking of marriage or not. Any religion that is based on the Bible or the Tora has religious script that states that God says homosexuality is wrong.

    Quote Originally Posted by jao
    What I meant when I outlined marriage is that there are GAY CHRISTIAN priests that wish to have a Christian style marriage. Thus making it a religious event. Here in Canada I've read over and over(National Post is a good one for the oppose side of the issue) about Catholic priest are saying that with 'gay marriage' will force them to commit an act against what they believe. The Cathlotic section has their system and ideas on how Christianity works, but there are others who both support and oppose the issue. Really it is about if they want to do it, let them, but the priests, churches etc that are involved are on their own to decide whether to allow it. Is that the best way to do it. I don't know. But this is supposed to be a country of equal human rights.
    By supporting homosexuality any christian priest or official is bowing to public sentiment and breaking it's own tenants and scriptures. But again as Stormraven pointed out:

    Quote Originally Posted by Stormraven
    I know of no religion that says it is okay to harass, denigrate, injure, rape, kill, whatever, another person just because you don't like them or something they do. (Cults are a seperate matter.) Any person who does such a thing and claims religion as their reason is using religion as an excuse for their own hatred/bigotry, and are most likely violating the religion they claim to uphold. The sad truth that religion has been often used in such a way in the past is a result of human nature, not religion, which attempts to raise people above such actions.
    The question is not whether it's all right, the question is at what point does tolerance become acceptance and at what point does not accepting it become intolerance? I think Stormraven put it quite well, it isn't all right to "harass, denigrate, injure, rape, kill, ..., another person just because you don't like them or something they do". But really, there are already laws against that anyway, why don't we just enforce them? Anything less then that is just opinion and we are all entitled to that.

    l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts