Thread: Hope to move AO to a new server soon

Dan
    Newbie Dan may be famous one day Dan may be famous one day
    Thanks

Hope to move AO to a new server soon

As you all know Phil has been out for awhile, I have been trying to take over everything on the server side of things. I have left AO alone, on the server he was using. Bad thing is it has a few issues (ever notice the archive does not do anything?) that means the sites not being indexed by the SE's. I also notice in the the logs the site is getting more active. up about 400 more visits a day from this time last month. At this point the site will be hitting overages in about a month. its time to move the site. I have just the server waiting for some action, it will have 400+ gb space (no worries about the gallery) and plenty of power to keep the site fast. Bad thing is, its a windows 2k3 server, so the Hivemail will not function / the free email accounts will have issues. I have NO clue how many people are actually using this feature. I guess I should post a front page anouncement asking, so I can get an idea. I can manualy setup a few emails for the people that are acutally using it, but the automatic setup we have now, will have to go. I plan on getting a few linux servers up within a few months, maybe at that time we can offer it again. let me know what you guys think. I know AO is still in the rebuild stage, and the last thing we want is for people to drift away.

I will start working on the to-do list pretty soon. I will keep everyone posted.

Dan

AO co-founder Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1 may be famous one day Cybergig1's Avatar
    Thanks
    sounds good bro I trust ya to set us up right

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Otaku sedka may be famous one day sedka may be famous one day sedka's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah, sounds good. Do you have an idea when it will happen?