Thread: "Hostel" ~ A Grisly Movie!

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

"Hostel" ~ A Grisly Movie!

A new movie coming out directed or designed with Quentin Tarantino (I'm not sure how he helps with the movie production) and directed primarily by Eli Roth. IMDB URL From what I understand, and from the previews I've seen, I think its about a sick place where you can fulfill all your masochistic fantasies without there being an end to the pain. Literally. And the director seems to go all out on the matter!

"Not your music video, hip-hop editing, glossy, PG-13 flavor of the week popcorn BS. This IS hardcore. If you want to see a horror movie that doesn't look away, that stays in the room long after every other movie has squirmed to some other reassuring shot- then you need to watch this movie. Eli Roth shows that he's not a one off- he's a true innovator, the future of the genre, and I hope he inspires many others in reviving Horror from the Kevin Williamson-esquire lull (which was good in the beginning) back down to the depths of visceral balls-to-the-wall hell ride it should be (not a Disney theme park ride). You know there's hope when Tarantino is the Exec producer! Watch this movie Pre-neutered (un cut!) if you can. My real fear now, is that the censors will cut this movie down to the opening half hour."

And another user rated the film as "This film is utterly vicious." Basically, it looks as if this film will be edited from NC-17 down to "R". Which sucks...what especially sucks is that there seems to be no offical site for the movie yet. Has anyone else heard about this movie?!

Otaku millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles may be famous one day millionbubbles's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: "Hostel" ~ A Grisly Movie!

My friend saw this at the Toronto International Film Festival this year. Quentin Tarantino and Eli Roth were there for Q and A.

She said its probably one of the most graphic films she's ever seen. But a lot of stuff in the movie will most likely be cut out of a theatre release.

The movie is actually about a bunch of American tourists that get trapped in a hostel in Europe. They get lured there somehow and some sick business men or something actually get them in the hostels and torture them for their own kicks.

For example (spoilers I guess...well if you don't want to know any of the deaths don't look down)

One part has a girl with her eyeball hanging out of its socket and a guy has to cut her eyeball out. I really doubt that's going to stay in the theatre release.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

It looks pretty good, i'm still a bit skeptical about Eli Roth though, maybe cause 'Cabin Fever' was merely so-so, or maybe i'm just being a bitter asshole because he's a Director and i'm not. Either way, i'll probably see it. Doesn't look too shabby.

Otaku bugsbunnyz may be famous one day bugsbunnyz may be famous one day
    Thanks

I'm all for it, remember it could always be a worse director like...... paul anderson *shudder*. Although chances are that it will be rated and 18 so I won't be able to see it for a while

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

It looks really awesome. I just can't stand it when they EDIT all the gore from NC-17 into a censored "R-rated" version of the film. I hated what they did to SAWII, it wasn't brutal enough. But the "Eye candy" had me glued to the screen the entire time...hah

X________X;;