Thread: How do you create your lineart?

Newbie sorrowfulkiller may be famous one day sorrowfulkiller may be famous one day sorrowfulkiller's Avatar
    Thanks

How do you create your lineart?

There are many ways of creating lineart, you could always use the mouse, wacom tablet or other type of tablet, pen and ink or just a regular felt tip pen.

How do you Create your lineart before you color it digitally? I personally use my mouse and the line too while be zoomed extremely close to get everylittle detail, one problem behind this is that if you have varying line widths it doesn't work very well.
    If I gave you pretty enough words.
    could you pain a picture of us that works.
    an emphasis on function rather than design.
    aren't you tired cause I will carry you, on a broken back
    and blown out knees, I have been where you are for a while..
    Aren't you tired of being weak?
    Such rage that you could scream. the stars right out of the sky
    And destroy the prettiest starry night. every evening that I die.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I do a pencil drawing in three to four stages and once I'm happy with it then I use vellum and a fine point pen to draw a final scan.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie andiishere may be famous one day andiishere may be famous one day andiishere's Avatar
    Thanks
    i use two methods.. either i use a fineline pen (tracing over a rough sketch done by using a H pencil) or i use a tablet.. i use the tablet most because no matter how may mistakes i make i can esily erase or just undo them

Newbie socketto may be famous one day socketto may be famous one day socketto's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: How do you create your lineart?

i use illustrator and i draw with a mouse

the jokes on you!!

Otaku BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind may be famous one day BFmastermind's Avatar
    Thanks

For me, I use a professional ink pen(like the ones used for comic books) for lineart when I'm not near my computer and tablet. But when I am near my computer, I'll always use my tablet. The best two ways of creating lineart is to either use a professional ink pen or use a tablet. The best of these two is the tablet. You are able to have no mistakes shown when working with a tablet(like what andiishere said) and it saves you time from correcting any mistakes. Also, you don't have to spend time separating the lineart for coloring when it can be done before you even start drawing with the tablet.

The only thing is not everyone can afford a tablet.
    Tablets range from $99 to $500 depending on what size and what type. I bought a wacom 6x8 graphire tablet for $150 at amazon(saved myself 50 dollars). Some people even buy the Cintiq21UX(an add on which lets you draw on your screen) for about $2000. And others, who take drawing real seriously and use it for work, buy the tablet pc which costs about $3000-$4000.
    My set of ink pens only cost me 30 dollars, but don't do nearly as good as the tablet.
    So I guess it's up to the person, how much money they have, and how seriously they take art.

Newbie Chisai_Kitsune may be famous one day Chisai_Kitsune may be famous one day Chisai_Kitsune's Avatar
    Thanks

I'm a bit old fashioned, all I ever use is a faber and Castell ink pen. I just really prefer the look of a hand inked picture. Not that inking through the computer is bad. I just use a heavier paper and ink by hand over a pencil drawing. But that might just be me, I have too much time on my hands anyway.
    **"Build a man a fire and he will be warm for a night, set a man on fire, and he will be warm for the rest of his life." -Terry Prachett**

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Chisai_Kitsune
    I'm a bit old fashioned, all I ever use is a faber and Castell ink pen. I just really prefer the look of a hand inked picture. Not that inking through the computer is bad. I just use a heavier paper and ink by hand over a pencil drawing. But that might just be me, I have too much time on my hands anyway.
    Same as me, only I couldn't use a computer for art if my life depended on it.

Well, in the end I suppose most works start off as hand pencil drawings. If you are going to use a computer after that, some artists find it easier to their 'linedrawing' which a blue pencil. That way, you can remove all the construction lines digitally later on.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.