Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: How do you get members?

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks

How do you get members?

Ok, first I was a mod at this site, and now that our admin is being lazy, and I'm the most active, I am going to be the new admin.

I was wondering when you guys started, how did you attract your first members? How long did it take to get the site off the ground? And is there any hints you can give me to attract some people.

Don't get me wrong, I know some, like don't advertise in forums where they don't want you too. (I always check.) and I have subbmitted the site name to various search engines and specific web-sites that have links to display.

We also encourage our members to get more, but there just seems that there should be more to it... something I haven't tried...

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

In addition to submitting your link to search engines, you should also submit to specific Anime index sites such as Anime Turnpike (http://www.anipike.com) and Anime Nation (http://www.animenation.com)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Yes, I have been submitting to sites like that (and those already.. i don't know if they added me yet though)

Is there a site that is good for "word of mouth" kind of advertising? Or maybee I'll just have to get inventive...

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks
    I'd be intersted to as well.
    At the moment me, Tsurara and ShadowLance (remember them) as well as some others have lauched a scanlation group with forum called Doki Doki.
    It's completly dead and we want new members.

I've put the link in my AO sig (Doki Doki) but I'm also at a loss at how to build interest in our group. I might give Anipike and Animenation a go too.

The only thing I can sugguest is too do what I've done, put the link under your sig on all the other forums you visit.

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Untouchable Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega may be famous one day Raven Omega's Avatar
    Thanks
    My friend is having the same dilemmia with his Non-Anime site (link in signature) and basically he's done the same thing but it's really getting him nowhere fast. I suggested playing lap dog with a radio jockey if he can get through and plug his stuff when he gets on the good side. Only other thing I could think of is to find a popular site, make a nice banner, and pony up the cash to advertise for a little while.

Thanks
    Yea, if you get one site that has many people frequent it, you can put up your site (affiliate?) and that costs dinero though. But it is the best way.

Another I guess is a quality site that looks nice. Its all about looks...

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Many sites (especiallly anime sites) will have a list of "friend sites" and will include a button for your site if you add a link to their site. It's a "strength in numbers" approach. Most sites will do the affiliate thing for free as long as you add their link to your site. If you get charged to be an affiliate that usually means the site is a for-profit enterprise or run by dickheads.

One thing you could do right off to increase your traffic is to drop a PM to Gig or Dan (where are you spiderweb?) and ask to be an AO affiliate. All you'll have to do in return is throw up an AO button on your site.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Dude, chat rooms. seriously, it works. That's how my friend did it. You just gotta choose the right place, and private chat with da folks. Slower process, but works.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast