Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: how do you make flash

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: how do you make flash

I'm just curious... Do you know how to ask 2 or more questions at one time or do you have to wait for a response so that you can calculate what you're gonna say next? Anyhow, use GIMP. When Flash is too much, GIMP is where it's at.

Otaku Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop may be famous one day Slothrop's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by serge2005
    is the gimp anything like flash
    Kind of, all image manipulation software shares some of the same GUI.
    It's more like Photoshop and Fireworks than Flash though. Besides, you just don't need to use Flash to make little animated GIFs like the one you posted above.
    Last edited by Slothrop; Sep 05, 2005 at 04:27 PM.

Otaku know1 may be famous one day know1 may be famous one day know1's Avatar
    Thanks

I hate flash.

It started as an animation tool for offline media production, but now it has grown into a rich-content developement system that can access databases through Cold Fusion, PHP, Sql, Asp,,,,Blah blah blah......draw api....blah blah blah........way past buttons and GUI.

What this all means is that Flash is now centered around action script, and is less concered with hand-tweened animations. The fact is, you can't even use scripting when publishing flash to a gif, so don't bother learning flash to make them (case in point: my sig was made with flash, and the rose petals were initially scripted to fall randomly, endlessly, and of varying sizes and alpha fills. But when rendering into a gif, that was all lost, and had to be done by hand- the results suck), unless you want to get into web development. Use what they suggested, or if you want a program that can do more, get adobe image ready.

Otaku serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Orange 216
    I'm just curious... Do you know how to ask 2 or more questions at one time or do you have to wait for a response so that you can calculate what you're gonna say next? Anyhow, use GIMP. When Flash is too much, GIMP is where it's at.
    Yes i do know how to ask 2 question at one time but I was kinda press for time so I just type one question
    I am the fire that light your wood. I'm the thunder that lights you night. I'm the wind that keeps you cool. are you wondering who I am? I'm the great wizard serge

http://bahamutpheonix.7.forumer.com/index.php
    please join this site if you like any type of games

Otaku Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore may be famous one day Barronmore's Avatar
    Thanks

GIMP and Flash are nothing alike. Gimp is for photo minipulation (and just happens to do animmated gifs), while flash is for animation. The file outputs are vastly diffrent as well. GIMP saves as rastor (pixiated dots) while Flash is Vector (mathmatic equations that the computer draws out). You can do quite a bit with an animated gif, but the file wont' be very small.

As of now, there is not real free Flash program. There are a few opensource projects trying to create one but IF (and I do mean if) they ever happen they will most likely be done for Linux before (and if ever) windows.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2