Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: How often do you change your ava/sig set?

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks

How often do you change your ava/sig set?

So, as the question poses: How often do you change your ava/sig set? Do you make your own, do you request from cg artists or do you download from websites or other sources? Since sigs/avas are sort of a channel of self-expression and personality, how important is it to you? Does your sig and ava represent yourself, your fave character, do you just simply like it or is it there just for the sake of having something of an image? >.<

To answer my own questions, I change my sig/ava set whenever I feel like it... Which is in about 2 to 3 months... I make multiple ava/sig sets on my own in one sitting but images are either from downloaded scans/screencaps or from my own personal artbooks... It sort of bears its own significance because it expresses a bit of who I am while highlighting my fave anime gals in their cutest expressions... So yeah... that's it... How about you guys? ^.^

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks
    I change it whenever I get bored with the one I'm using. I make them myself (hence they're so crappy).
    I use images I see on line and scans I make from manga I own.

Otaku Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale may be famous one day Gin Nightingale's Avatar
    Thanks
    I change my avatar and signature whenever I feel like it. I make my own siggehs and I use previously saved images I found while surfing the Internet.

Yes, it is somewhat important for me to have one. It represents myself, yes. It reminds me of my emotion while making my sig. Every sig I make has a hidden story behind it. It's not just a simple graphic design, you see? It also represents my favorite character. I make some sigs with their story in my mind. It's sort of like a tribute for them in a way.
    Last edited by Gin Nightingale; Feb 08, 2005 at 08:10 AM.

Otaku Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle may be famous one day Ted Turtle's Avatar
    Thanks
    I rarely change my avatar. When Street Fighter 2 Collection comes out for Xbox I will change it to Chun Li for a week. I always change my sig though.

Read Magical Detective Daisuke. Part 9 is finally out! Click here to read it! For the complete collection of Magical Detective Daisuke click here.

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    For some of "us" who have less power (no PS) I usually get mine from raw sources and "make it usable" But I prefer drawing my own by hand. I don't hardly ever change my ava/sig though. (mainly because I draw like crap)

I NEVER use other "premade" sigs from general websites. I do think that the "request a sig" is a good idea though.

jao
    Otaku jao may be famous one day jao may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I just change mine whenever I feel like playing with GIMP.

Mine are usually pieces of other peoples work. I take the character and then add effects, colours, background and whatever to make it as different as possible from the original.

The real credit belongs to the original artist though..
    Last edited by jao; Feb 08, 2005 at 09:36 AM.

May
    Newbie May may be famous one day May may be famous one day May's Avatar
    Thanks
    I change my depending if I have a new set made or not...haha. Nowadays, am to lazy to make new sets, so been with this one for about three mos. now. But before that, I would change every two to three weeks.
    Instead of thinking about where you are, think about where you want to be.
    It takes twenty years of hard work to become an overnight success.

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I only change mine when I'm completely bored with the one I'm using. They all tend to suck, since I make them by slaughtering images with MS Paint.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast