Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast

Thread: how old do you think the drinking age should be???

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks

Exclamation how old do you think the drinking age should be???

i personally think it should be 18 becuase i mean honostly why would they have a rule against drinking and driving when you "under age" and have the drinking age be 21 thats just wrong i mean if your old enough to get in trouble for it you should be old enough to do it legally i mean still drinking and driving should stilll be illegal but to actually make a law on underage drinking while driving is kind of ridiculous so i mean whats the point i just think if your old enough to get in trouble you should be old enough to get in trouble "legit"

what do you think??

Newbie cowboy rin may be famous one day cowboy rin may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i think its a dumb law in general. Any teenager can find someone to buy them drinks. It only really stops people from getting into adult places where they serve drinks like bars and strip clubs.

I don't know how you handle it down in the US, having to be 21 for everything. 19 was long enough in Canada

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I think that the drinking age should be moved to the drafting age in US. (18) If youre old enough to die for your country, you should be old enough to drink. Or they should move the drafting age to 21, which is how old you have to be to drink in minnesota.

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    Personally, I hate alcohol, but I would preffer the legal drinking age to be lower... say to about 5.

In the UK, you can legally buy alcohol when you're 18. So long as you are responsible, and drink in moderation, then I don't see a problem... but so many people are irresponsible and drink large amounts constantly or occasionly (bindge drink). It turns smart people into idiots, and respectable people into morons.

I think the reason for heavy drinking stems from the taboo about young people drinking. Because it's forbiddin, it makes alcohol more appealing to those under age... and when the time comes that they can legally drink (or rather seen as 'finally' by most 18 year olds I know), they seem to be under the impression that they have to take full advantage of the situation and drink as much as possible.
    In contrast, I feel that if the legal drinking age was only about 5, then the mystery and alure about it might fade. People simply wouldn't hit this 'magic age', and alcohol would seem less special.

Besides, kids like fruit juice and soda and stuff. Do you really think many of them would even like beer if you gave it to them?

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    How about we move both the draft and liscence age to 21? A lot less accidents and less 18 yr olds with guns. Works for me. lol

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie Oswald may be famous one day Oswald may be famous one day Oswald's Avatar
    Thanks
    In my opinion the legal drinking age should be the same age when you hit "adulthood". Meaning the age when your parents are no longer legally responsible for your actions. Don't know about every country, but at least here where I live it goes like this: If a 15 years-old gets drunk and does some stupid things, it's the parents that suffer. I mean, if an under-age person breaks a window of a shop, it's the parents that pay. Sure they'll probably make a living hell out of the life of that 15 years-old child of theirs, but still.

Also, Sib's idea of making the legal drinking age 5 or so. I think it would cause lots of trouble at the beginning, when all the current 12-17 years-olds would go crazy and drink as much as they can, just because now they really legally can. But maybe after the craze-period, it might work the way Sib said.
    Due to budget cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off.

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks
    Let me guess Mazer, your 18? lol......but yeah to me it doesnt really matter.....and plus drinking is more fun when your not allowed to drink it. Take my word for it, im 22....and it's so boring to drink...no more thrill

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks
    The age limite is 18 here in London, i would be mad if it was 21 lol, but to be perfectly honest i was able to get served in bars and clubs without anyone asking me for ID that was sweet, well sometimes some bouncers would but theres plenty if places to go

Seriosuly me and my friends around like 15 or 16 we were doing pub crawls almost weekly.Jan

Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 4 11 ... LastLast