Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: how old do you think the drinking age should be???

Newbie DeathBerry may be famous one day DeathBerry may be famous one day DeathBerry's Avatar
    Thanks
    Eh... I am very much against drinking at a young age (like 14 - 18)
    I myself don't drink alcohol (except certain private occasions,
    such as new years eve champagne and when together with my bf)
    And I believe that people shouldn't start drinking til they're out of school
    Alcohol just WRECKS school for people nowadays, as it did with my ex,
    he was partying all through school and now he's regretting it

I dunno about 25 though! That's a little late... but 21 is a good age,
    but age doesn't matter if the person can't control his/her consumption

It's more about the person, not the age
    Shouldn't you be playing outside?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathBerry
    It's more about the person, not the age
    Actually if the research Meiwaku read is correct it is about the age. I can believe it considering what I have read about binge drinking habits and it's affects.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Actually if the research Meiwaku read is correct it is about the age. I can believe it considering what I have read about binge drinking habits and it's affects.
    I am almost 100% sure that the article I read clearly states that drinking alcohol before certain ages does in fact cause perminant damage on the developing brain, especially in memory. They have/had the article up online but it doesn't seem to be working anymore. Here is the page where it at least talks about the study http://www.discover.com/issues/mar-0...es/featstupid/

Also, to a certain extent it does depend on the age not how mature a certain individual is. Last year (I believe) they came out with a new study that certain parts of the brain do not reach full maturity till 22, 23 or older. The decision making parts of the brain, it said that no matter how mature or responsible you are for your age people under a certain age just can't reason the same way a fully developed adult can. So even though you think you're mature enough you're brain isn't mature enough to guide you to make rational decisions.

I found some information on it the human brain, once thought to be fully wired by about age 12, continues to grow and mature into the early or mid-20's. And the last part to mature is the frontal lobes, or prefrontal cortex, responsible for all the hallmarks of adult behavior -- impulse control, the regulation of emotions and moral reasoning.

''Scientists can now demonstrate that adolescents are immature not only to the observer's naked eye but in the very fibers of their brains,'' says the brief by the A.M.A. and the psychiatrists. ''Normal adolescents cannot be expected to operate with the level of maturity, judgment, risk aversion or impulse control of an adult.''

It's an intreasting read you can read the rest here : http://www.child-family.umd.edu/works_raeburn.htm

This is why we have age limits plain and simple. It's not about maturity or just a way to upset the youth, it's about how well we can make choices, and from what I've seen not too many people under 24 make very good choices no matter how mature they appear.
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Otaku whitec may be famous one day whitec may be famous one day whitec's Avatar
    Thanks
    Why cant we all be like those third world
    countries, with no drinking age!
    If to say I could change it I'd go for 18 at the least.
    Looking forward to Burst Angel Vol. 3

Newbie christian perales may be famous one day christian perales may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I think the drinking age should be ( 14 and up )

Otaku bugsbunnyx may be famous one day bugsbunnyx may be famous one day
    Thanks
    i think it should be raised from 18 here in england..i know it sounds nerdy but it really should...think im wrong?...why dyu think everyone blames england for hooliganism...cos its true.

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks
    heh thats pretty weird

Otaku Nameless may be famous one day Nameless may be famous one day Nameless's Avatar
    Thanks
    Drinking age? Maybe as soon as he/she gets married... well when your single then you drink.. it will be hard for you to get babes. If your married.. you could drink all you want.. Awsome..

Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast