Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast

Thread: how old do you think the drinking age should be???

Otaku Mazer may be famous one day Mazer may be famous one day Mazer's Avatar
    right outside of reality, just inside insanity
    Thanks
    yeah i know what you guys mean i mean my brother is around 25 and hes like the biggest idioitic drinker i know but he gets so paranoid!!

Otaku Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasai
    We should ban drinking alcohol. and our problem solved.

The current drinking age is fine.
    Anyone forgetting they tried that?

Prohibition is one of the stupidest things America has ever done.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut

Some people believe repealing it is the stupidest thing they ever did. Perhaps if we still had prohibition then we wouldn't have drug dealers. The bootleggers didn't like competition. It would sure make drunk driving less common if people were still trying to hide drinking instead of doing it publicly. Pick your crime.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut may be famous one day Juggernaut's Avatar
    Thanks
    I guess the lesser of two evils is still evil.

M A S T E R Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan may be famous one day Zui Quan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Juggernaut

I find that statement to be in itself a very stupid thing to say. I doubt you were around for Prohibition so I'm going to assume that you're making the above statement based upon scraps of things you may have read in class or seen in movies.

Why was it stupid for the American government to ban a substance that impairs a person's judgement and is responsible for accidents, deaths, broken marriages, domestic abuse, etc? In addition, Prohibition was pushed through as a measure to conserve grain for the war effort (the US was in WWI at the time). Prohibition was only repealed in 1933 as a measure to stimulate the economy since the US was knee-deep in the Great Depression at that point. If the Great Depression didn't happen, chances are that the USA would STILL be a dry nation.
    Clan? What Clan?
    I'm the Master. I need no Clan.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    look as far as things go in my opinion, age is not a good measure it should be will power to stop. Also ppl(kids) can get hooks up to get access to liquor

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

Veteran False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth is making a name for themselves False Truth's Avatar
    Thanks
    Has this been what people are talking about in the debate section lately? What happened to Politics, Religion, War, Philosophy?

The age for drinking alcohol seems to be good so far and I doubt they will make it drinkable for people less than 21. Maybe they should raise the age since 21 year olds don't really need alcohol anyway. Did everyone forget what alcohol does to brain cells or what?

This signature is within the limits upheld by the forum rules. Unless the rules change, do not remove.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Kasai
    We should ban drinking alcohol. and our problem solved.

The current drinking age is fine.
    America's already tried that once. I didn't you pay attention in history? We even put an amendment in the constitution, but the public got pissed. Crime went up, Bootlegging was everywhere, eventually we just gave up and removed the amendment.

It didn't work then, I doubt it'll work now. :Thumbd:

Personally, I don't really understand why you smoke and be legally considered an adult at 18, and then wait 4 years more to legally drink. I mean, if you can legally start killing yourself w/ cigarettes at age 18, vote, and choose not to go to school, why can't you use achohol? That doesn't really make since to me, even at 21 you can still be stupid enough to drink too much and wreck anyway, why delay it?

Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 14 ... LastLast