Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Human Brain Capacity..

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Human Brain Capacity..

I was just going over something in my mind a few moments ago and decided to ask the rest of the crew here at ao.....when do you think Humans will evolve mentally? At this moment in time we only use 10% of our brains and I'm just wondering if any of you think that we will reach 100%. And how long do you think it'll take evolution wise? I've always been pretty interested in the theories concerning our capabilities if we were to do so....some say that we'd be nothing short of Professor X greatness, others say we'd be able to even alter reality to some extent...there's alot of opinions out there...whats yours?

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Don't take this wrong but, when we die. We physically limit ourselves. Once those limits are gone.....

Something to think about.

Seriously.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks
    using only 10% of our brain is a myth.

human knowledge capacity may not be as important anymore since information about almost anything has become far easier to access than it was even 10 years ago. the fact that we can have so much stored data elsewhere allows us to focus on levels of knowledge deeper than ever before since information leading-to is stored, redundant, and easily accessable.

what's far more important nowadays is the ability to solve problems logically and hopefully rationally with the information provided to us. where that will lead us in the future, i can't say, but i'm betting that technology will only help us put aside what's already known, and let us dive deeper into the unknown.

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Reaching 100% brain capacity may not be impossible, although it won't be as easy as cake. I'm thinking that the humans' continually improving technology would have a large role in this achievement, and since humans never stop creating inventions, all being more complexed than the other as time passes, than perhaps our brain capacity can evolve as well as time passes.
    But we have to take into consideration that throughout all the thousands of years man existed, our brain capacity remains almost static as it only reached 10%, so evolution may not exist after all. (unless, humans started out with 0-1%, which I would highly doubt) If evolution is possible, I think it would take humanity billions of years before reaching 100%, that is, if evlution did exist.

Otaku Juice may be famous one day Juice may be famous one day Juice's Avatar
    Thanks
    God is a physical being like us, (created in his image) and i believe he uses 100% of his mental capacity. So if we learn to use 100% of our brain will we be able to become omniscient and omnipotent like God. I dont mean to be blasfemous, but i do believe that when we die and our in the next life that we will continue to grow and grow and never stop growing. There will still be adversity since without it we cannot learn and experience and grow.

Lets just say that we are in heaven a few million years from now, chillin with all of the humans that ever lived and Gods there, what next, what will we all do? Will God just say "ok now we got nothing to do for eternity". I believe he would want us to have children like he did, for us to create and continue the eternal cycle of life and death, what this implies is up to you.

Talk less, Say More. Eat Less, Chew More. Whine Less, Breath More. Fear Less, Hope More. Hate Less, Love More.
    And all good things are yours

Otaku eleonne has disabled reputation eleonne's Avatar
    Thanks
    You do have a point there...
    We have to face the possible fact that human thinking may be limited to our world and within our life span, as different as we may see it, and since death is part of our cycle, we might be able to reach 100% of our mental capacity once we have experienced eternity after death...
    Hmmm... maybe attaining our mental capacity to its fullest would mean achieving perfection.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    100% mental capacity, eh? When humans can fully appreciate the mental capacity they currently have.....Then maybe we can talk about achieving greater capacities. For now? Let's work on it.
    Seduced by Flesh

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    *snickers*

I feel like we don't use all of our brains in a sense. I mean, by far, humans are quite dumb. I think as our technolgy and understanding of this world grow, humans will find thatwe are rather advanced. . . I've been noticing that in today's schooling system, the teaching and the test's are harder than what they were when I went to 2nd and 3rd grade. O_o ? Teaching division in 2nd grade... that's hard to believe, when I didn't really learn that until 4th.
    I think as the generations go by, our intelenct will expand as we evolve. I think it's not a matter of 'gods' to decide where we go after death. I think were just on top of it all, until death. I think that death is the end. As long as we can't feel like we've reached 100%, we never will. Hmm, I'll be back later to say more ~ can't ...talk .... XP
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast