Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Human Nature

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks

Human Nature

Sometimes, when you hear about the horrors of war, somebody will say "Well, that's just human nature for you." But likewise, if you were to hear about some act of kindness like somebody risking their life to save another, again "That's human nature."

If we all have a common sense of good and humanity, then why is history so dark? If we are all united under darkness, then why do we strive for a brighter future? What does it mean to be humane and inhumane?

So in essance, just what are we? Good or Evil?

I have my opinions, but i'll voice them later. I'd like to hear some of your views first.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks
    We are man. Man itself makes mistakes. Though man itself can not determine what those mistakes are. So in return...We keep making mistakes. And try to correctthose mistakes.

I understod that. Hope so one else did. Lol.
    Seduced by Flesh

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks
    Yeah, i think that humans are both good and bad. A human can kill, and a human can nurture a living animal and their children. I think what makes a person human is the fact that they can do both of these... love and hate. But sometimes the hatred part is just a little bigger.
    So i don't think humans are dark nor light.. more in the gray area. not evil or good... more like "go-vil".."good-evil".. or "evod".

So no metter how many mistakes humanity makes.. they usully find a way to do something right.
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Devoted Otaku youth_anime_fan may be famous one day youth_anime_fan may be famous one day
    Thanks
    I think that man is basically evil. most of the good that people do are wrogt out of "best intentions for themselves." weather they want people to be kind to them, or they are just using other people.

I, being a christian, would even have to say this for christians. we do good and expect a "reward" in heaven. everyone does something "good" for the benifit of themselves.

(I would not have made such a blatent statement above if i weren't a christian. being part of that structure, i think i have the right to say what i want about it.)

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    I believe there are two parts to most people. The "natural man" which is selfish and carnal and thinks only of itself and the spiritual part which is concerned with others, thinks past the moment, and allows us to transcend ourselves if we listen to it. Which part we follow is up to us. Which is why even in the worst circumstances there are those who shine.

I say most because I believe it is possible to "give" yourself over to one side or the other. There are people who are truly evil and there are those who are completly good. Both are rare, but I think were seeing a dicotamy more and more in the world these days.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    This all really depends on wether you consider "greed" a good or bad thing.

Even religion agrees that people are evil. "all humans are born into sin? It is natrual for humans to sin?"

Imperfection is the cause of evil. Choice is the cause of evil. Freewill is the cause of evil.

Then again, just what IS evil? If I were in Iraq right now, I'd have to say the U.S. is pretty evil trying to half own my country. Yet likewise, the average american hates Iraq and those damn terrorists, and so we think they are bad.

JUST WHAT IS EVIL!? What's good? Is there really any good? cuz no matter how much "good" you do, someone will always think of you negatively.

I guess "good" and "evil" are just the balance of life. Both make each other, one can never rid of the other.

There's too many factors to really tell, because no matter what conclusion, there's ALWAYS exceptions, and always another opinion, and I think I'm just gonna stop right now before I think about this too much.

Otaku GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan may be famous one day GamesTesterJan's Avatar
    Thanks
    There is no such thing as an absolute good nor is there an absolute evil, but there is a will to achieve more power and rule, i think wars will always happen between nations until there is finally only one nation.

Humans always want more thats what makes use improve ourselves in education and even relationships.Jan

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks
    want, why, and will. that's the only thing that makes us. want makes greed, power, and inequality. why makes curiousity, wisdom, and knowledge. will makes hardheadedness, courage, and destiny.

Unfortunatly, free will is what makes the two roads of "good" and "bad" and combined with why and want can make terrible things occur. like war, class, and all that jazz.

It's those 3 w's that make people question good and bad, and make balance visible.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast