Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Human Nature

Otaku Dragor may be famous one day Dragor may be famous one day Dragor's Avatar
    Thanks
    Well, it's because all human are motivated by two things, survival instincts, and love.

You see we are all motivated by the usual, must eat, must drink, and must avoid physical injury stuff like everyone knows.

But then if you think of it love is a major part of everything that makes us dark as well as good. The good things that come from love we all know of so I'm only going to give a few examples of the hatred that love causes in us.

If someone has something you love, well you become jealous, and through jealousy you can hate what ever it is that has what you want. Fear causes us to take extreme measures to do something, and well fear for one's life is only a love for one's life. Fear of losing something is only a love for that thing that you do not wish to lose.

Faith in something is also a form of loving something. And well blind faith in something can lead to us doing something that is wrong, but because of what ever it is that we have been taught, or that we have miss interpretted, we believe it is right.
    Dreams come true, but nightmares do too.

Life isn't a game, it's just a referal to the time you exist on this playground called Earth.

Legendary Otaku Snake Champion, Zelda Champion, Crazy Koala Champion, Minigolf Champion, Concentrate Champion, Guess 5 Champion, Batting Champ Champion, Beach Ball Control Champion, Bookworm Champion, Wacky Word Wiz Champion, Fight Fight 3 Champion, Spinner's Luck Champion, Traffic Jam Champion, Yeti Pengu Throw Champion Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend is making a name for themselves Legend's Avatar
    Thanks
    In my opinion our nature is both evil and good. That is to mean that we are born into this world with the capabilites of being both good and evil. Perhaps a good example to use is the yin-yang, black with a circle of white and vice versa.

Every "bad" person will have a drop of good in them, and even the holiest man will make their mistakes. Whether we make good or bad decisions later on in our life is due to nurture and that is another topic.

'Cause you give me something / That makes me scared, alright / This could be nothing / But I'm willing to give it a try / Please give me something
    'Cause someday I might call you from my heart

ROCK N ROLL mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue may be famous one day mamimi_rue's Avatar
    Upon a mound.. somewheres around ..here ?
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark.
    want, why, and will. that's the only thing that makes us. want makes greed, power, and inequality. why makes curiousity, wisdom, and knowledge. will makes hardheadedness, courage, and destiny.

It's those 3 w's that make people question good and bad, and make balance visible.
    I couldn't have said it better myself, greed drives the ugly, love drives the good. Some may think it's human nature is to be greedy and selfish, but that's not what we were meant to be. I feel that we were meant to live together in harmony, even though it sounds impossible in this day and age. War is greed, therefore in the past, we have evolved, so it seems as if war and hurt is human nature. There is a balance, just like you've said, that holds everything together. I guess it's quite hard to explain human nature O_o
    much love to socketto
    ...what of this mongrel architect, our broken armor soon will set, past, present, and future tense...

Otaku Wonderlandless may be famous one day Wonderlandless may be famous one day Wonderlandless's Avatar
    Thanks
    This is sort of off subject...but in Catholism the sins are 'Lust, Greed, Sloth, Envy, Vengance' and so on, but when you take a person and strip them down from all rules of society, these are basic human nature.
    No trees were harmed in the sending of this message. However,
    a great number of electrons were terribly
    inconvenienced

Love with its back turned My manga highschool love story.

Otaku zeine may be famous one day zeine may be famous one day zeine's Avatar
    Thanks
    Man itself is the form of evil... We create for ourselves the vile things that we refer to in life... No man is good, so logically every man is evil... We cannot escape that because we are naturally rebellious and sinful... Foolish creatures that roam this earth and abuse it endlessly... There is no such thing as a good person because we were born with sin in the first place... Kindness is a practiced trait, not an instinctive one...

Sib
    Otaku Sib may be famous one day Sib may be famous one day Sib's Avatar
    Thanks
    Hmm, some 'interesting' replies.

I believe that human nature... is actually allied with good.

I know that i'm bias being a buddhist, and I don't actually believe in evil, but hear me out.

What unites us all, even the 'evil' ones amoungst us, are our desires. I've been giving this some thought lately, and have been asking myself just what it is that I want most. I decided that what I want more than anything is a bright and happy future, one that I can share with those closest to me. Those who want pain would to some extent be satisfied if they got it... so what we are all really looking for is happiness, and that's what unites us.

I believe that we all have our own ideas of what a uptoia would be. Some may picture it as some kind of heaven, while others may picture it as some kind of hell. Some may invision their world on a global scale, others only upon oneself. But no matter what your stance may be, we are all united in the desire to make our own personal utopias a reality. Hence, we all do what we percieve to be right... which makes us good.

Evil people, like Hitler for example, believed that he was building a better world. Granted, his visions were horrible, but to him it's what he wanted. He honestly believed that he was doing the right thing, and in his eyes he was a good man... but his world was very different to what everyone else wanted, so the people of the world in return did what they thought to be 'right' and they faught him, which is a great testiment to the good nature of mankind (most people want a world that isn't built on the suffering of others, which shows that we DO care).
    I think Hitler is called evil because he tried to disrupt the construction of our own individual utopias by imposing his own. I don't think he was Evil, but rather just misguided... a shameful exception in history who's desires were twisted by sickness and pain.

If anyone gets in the way of our plans for the idealistic world we each want to create, then they become ememies. If they can aid it, then they become friends. Dark hit out on a good point with greed, because yes, this all does seem very greedy of us if this is truely what drives us. But that does not make us bad people.

Do you see what i'm saying here? Am I making sense? I'm trying to cram several hours of deep thought into one post and it's difficult. Sorry.

Hmmm... He's not technically human, so it wouldn't really be like cannibalism...
    .:Anime Relfections:.l.:SibArt (Being Updated):.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks
    Interesting point Sib, but you might want to find an example besides Hitler. Turns out the man was certifiably insane by the end. Runs in the family evidently. Recent evidence has discovered that he had his own aunt (I think it was his aunt) killed when they were executing asylum patients.

Just a thought.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Materials Master KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi may be famous one day KnightofNi's Avatar
    Thanks
    we are the most unique species on the planet, we are so complicated we cannot be comprehended, we love to kill each other and watch people get hurt, we hurt others and yet we also want to help them at the same time. We kill each other because people cannot accept somebody for what they believe because we believe things so strongly. If you attack the core of somebody's beliefs then they will fight back. We help each other because we see it as a way for us to attain something good or bad out of that action. We are by nature selfish, even Mother Theresa was selfish even though it didn't seem like it, she had her own motives and reasons to help people though it may not seem that way.

We are just human, and you just have to accept that war will never end, the need to kill is ever-present in the human mind, as well as the need to help, we are darkness and light, depending on the situation. And the worst part is that people consistantly try to justify what they have done by using religion, humans created religion to control others. PLAIN AND SIMPLE, religion is another form of control. But, considering when religion was created, it was understandable, we need to think on another level besides the instincts.

Hitler was very evil by society's standards this is true, but he did see himself as creating a better world which he believed, the only reason why he came so close and others don't is that, he attained POWER AND CONTROL.

btw, I identify myself as non-denominational christian.
    Last edited by KnightofNi; Jan 31, 2005 at 03:01 PM.

Clan orders: Wear the signature of defeat with pride.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast