Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Human Trafficking.

Domme Kasai may be famous one day Kasai may be famous one day Kasai's Avatar
    Thanks

Human Trafficking.

Trafficking in persons — also known as "human trafficking" — is a form of modern-day slavery. Traffickers often prey on individuals who are poor, frequently unemployed or underemployed, and who may lack access to social safety nets, predominantly women and children in certain countries. Victims are often lured with false promises of good jobs and better lives, and then forced to work under brutal and inhuman conditions.

It is a high priority of the Department of Justice to pursue and prosecute human traffickers. Human trafficking frequently involves the trafficking of women and children for sexual exploitation, a brutal crime the Department is committed to aggressively investigating and prosecuting. Trafficking also often involves exploitation of agricultural and sweat shop workers, as well as individuals working as domestic servants.
    There are some who know what human trafficking is. There are few people who know that tracking is prevalent today. Nevertheless there are a still a great many who have no clue what is going on.

My questions are, should we take more steps for people to recognize human trafficking? Or do you believe this problem is not really a problem at all? Do you agree that the situation is growing and needs to be recognized publicly?

Or do you believe that recognization of the problem wont help solve the problem? Do you propse anyway to halp inform the people and give them ways to help solve the problem?

For more info: http://www.usdoj.gov/trafficking.htm
    Seduced by Flesh

Otaku darkangels36 may be famous one day darkangels36 may be famous one day darkangels36's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Human Trafficking.

Personally after reading the article i think it is uprising cause if you think about it there have been a lot more of different types of people going into different countries a lot more killing and cruelty so yeah i think we should up it a bit. I also think it's horrible that another human should use someone just to make some money and import them with promises of grandure but yet those people never see anything but going back to their own country again or living in hell in the one their in so i think there really should be something done about it!
    This is the code of honor: A wounded man says to his assaliant if i live i will kill you and if i die you are forgiven: Thus this is the code of honor!

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Traffiking, slavery, what ever the name it has shouldn't exist, but it does. Why? I don't have much answers, but personally, it might still exist because some people encourage it. Probably rich people in most cases that buy those that are on display. Its disgusting to see that people are sold off as if mere trade.

I think that many people do know that this still exists, but not to what extent. People should be told where exactly this is happening. If it is happening near them, it'll bring more attention to them and to the authorities so that something can be changed. Some will hinder anything to change as many find it lucrative to do so. Some places are over run by these people if not abandoned by the authorities because they believe there is nothing that can be done.

What could change things is if the form of trade would come to an industrialized country. If this would be to occur and if many people are told of this situation from around this country and if a program to bring an end to it, then the problem at that place could be resolved. But to erase the problem completely, an international effort with the ONU would be needed. I haven't checked out the possibilities, but a quick look on google could get things started.

I might check more into things at another time, but for now to answer the question above, if ever slavery does come out of hand in any case, I think it should be considered very important as it hinders many people's freedom and that is something that all humans wish to have. Having no freedom is like no longer living with a free will. No free will in my opinion is like not living at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Kasai
    My questions are, should we take more steps for people to recognize human trafficking?
    Or do you believe this problem is not really a problem at all?
    Do you agree that the situation is growing and needs to be recognized publicly?

Or do you believe that recognization of the problem wont help solve the problem?
    Do you propse anyway to halp inform the people and give them ways to help solve the problem? [/URL]
    Slavery, like most things that are illegal, simply went underground. Like most illegal activities they also become more difficult to indulge in when made public. It is a huge problem, in areas, and it is definatly growing.

All you can do is make it public so people are aware and increase enforced penalties for slavery. Personally I think this should be a Capitol Punishment offense. I also think that anyone who patronizes the sex trade knowing that there are slaves involved should be slapped with a major punishment far beyond the one for soliciting (I haven't taken the time to decide what would be appropriate).

You can report trafficking crimes or get help by calling the Trafficking in Persons and Worker Exploitation Task Force Complaint Line at 1-888-428-7581 (voice and TTY). New laws provide options for trafficking victims regardless of immigration status. Operators have access to interpreters and can talk with callers in their own language. The service is offered on weekdays from 9 AM to 5 PM EST. After these hours, information is available on tape in English, Spanish, Russian, and Mandarin.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Newbie FortyFyvCaliba may be famous one day FortyFyvCaliba may be famous one day FortyFyvCaliba's Avatar
    Thanks

i know indonesia is heavily affected trafficking. coz there r millions of ppl, and they all come from different islands, with different cultures, and alot are in poverty or close to, which means they are a major target. in australia there have been news stories where reporters just go to a normal house in the city and find its a sweat shop full of illegal immigrants. after the tsunami in the pacific, alot of children were just taken coz they were so vulnerable, they had lost or been separated from there parents, and they were picked up and put in the sex trade. some weren't even indonesian, holidayers from around the world had children abducted and taken during the tsunami aftermath. in china due to the 1 child policy, couples prefer to have boys, in order to continue the family and to work for them, so country girls can be extremely vulnerable. they abduct them and sell them to some lonely man who makes them his wife. all just for a small price. so they make some money. it's a hell of alot more complicated then that, and there are things being done to stop it, but it is a huge problem to less wealthy coutries and ppl in poverty, not that they need any more problems. but slavery and this kind of thing has always been around in one form or another, so how do u really stop it? there r alot of aid organisations, but just how far they really get i don't know. it is a huge global issue, and i don't really know where u would start.

Newbie Faith may be famous one day Faith may be famous one day Faith's Avatar
    Thanks

Its a problem that would have to be tackled extremly carefully. We all know that it is a world wide problem and the problem is the fact that traffickers see money in the western world. Its a sad state of affairs when a small child is abused just for money. Its not a life to be lived, nor to be had. Unfortunaly it is these sick and twisted so called humans that tell them that their family will be killed if they go back or run away.
    So now boys and girls we flip the coin .... do we punish those who have paid, or do we punish those who sell the goods

Either way, there is no easy way answer to this
    Second star to the right- carry on till morning....

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Faith
    do we punish those who have paid, or do we punish those who sell the goods
    Both. Start with shooting the ones selling the "goods" and move forward from there.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Self Banned and Loving it narrator may be famous one day narrator may be famous one day narrator's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Both. Start with shooting the ones selling the "goods" and move forward from there.
    Thank God, you're finally starting to see things my way Ari!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast