Thread: Hunter X Hunter

Newbie firegirl22 may be famous one day firegirl22 may be famous one day firegirl22's Avatar
    Thanks

Hunter X Hunter

Hey, can anyone tell me if Hunter X Hunter is licensed, either the anime or the manga? I love the manga and am really looking forward to the anime, either being released would be very well received. And how does the anime compare to the manga? Thanks.

Newbie Laharl may be famous one day Laharl may be famous one day Laharl's Avatar
    Thanks
    my guess would be , yes it is licensed. but if you rreally want to find out then why dont you just do some simple research. its not all that hard ^_^;
    "Demons show no love..." - Laharl

Death to all anime school chicks

Newbie firegirl22 may be famous one day firegirl22 may be famous one day firegirl22's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Laharl
    my guess would be , yes it is licensed. but if you rreally want to find out then why dont you just do some simple research. its not all that hard ^_^;
    Based on your tip, I went and searched, but sorry you lost. They are both unlicensed, with many rumors for both. Now if anyone's seen/read both of them and would like to compare...

Otaku Karn may be famous one day Karn may be famous one day Karn's Avatar
    Thanks
    The anime is definetly unlicensed, but I think Viz just now licensed the Hunter x Hunter manga.

I can try to compare...

*Slight spoilers comparing the two series*

The anime has some filler not in the manga (such as an extra hunter test) and an extra fight. Later on, the anime cuts out the majority of another fight.

The anime ends at episode 62, while the manga continues. However, 3 OVA series (End of Ryodan Arc, Greed Island, and GI Final) have been made for the anime continuing the story (albeit compressing stuff). The manga has one arc more (The Bug Arc) than the anime so far, but I'm sure a new anime OVA series will come out following the Bug Arc soon.

Later on the art in the HxH manga suffers, and there are lots of delays, but the artwork is always retouched for the tankobans, so it isn't that big of a deal.

I guess that is about it, without spoiling too much - I know it is somewhat vague, but I didn't want to spoil much.

Newbie Lei Kiyone may be famous one day Lei Kiyone may be famous one day Lei Kiyone's Avatar
    Thanks
    It suffers because the creator is really sick, but getting the deadline anyway. Hard-working guy. :P

HxH rocks, simply put. One of my all-time favorite anime series. Hopefully they'll continue on with the anime further, because right where they stopped, is like, where the series really starts getting awesome, in my opinion.