Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Katrina

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Hurricane Katsuhito

Having just got back from work and being out of touch with the news and weather, I do not know any new details. I do know that last night there were at least 50 deaths in Mississippi in one county alone. New Orleans is still flooded and the water is still rising, so the death toll will only skyrocket when access back into New Orleans is granted. Right now it is too dangerous through most of New Orleans to mount any rscues or serveys from the ground. If the estimates for the death toll in New Orleans are correct, then 50 is almost nothing. They have also just ordered a new evacuation from the super dome in New Orleans, and the city is 80% under water. Not even the super dome in New Orleans is a safe place. Poer and phones will also be out for a very long time.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

They just showed looters taking stuff away at walmart. They had shopping carts full of stuff. Where the hell are they taking it too, seeing everythings flooded? Now thats low. They will get whats comming to them.

*~AO's Guardian Angel~* Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo may be famous one day Akurei Kakudo's Avatar
    Thanks

well for you all i LIVED though this hurrican. ith it Miami at a cat1 going on 2. then it lfet an offical 2. i lived though it. i had no power for two days. some of my friends still dont have power. trees are down. stores are closed. so plz dont talk about "oh ya well thats what i heard" bc hearing isnt everything. ask someone who has lived though it ok? and the death count is at 9.

thanks for the sig SasuraiHell!!!!

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by kastelic4444
    They just showed looters taking stuff away at walmart. They had shopping carts full of stuff. Where the hell are they taking it too, seeing everythings flooded? Now thats low. They will get whats comming to them.
    Shootings too, my guess would be gangs. Crime never sleeps, and those taking part are heartless, that's just the way it is. As if the hurricane didn't take enough away, now the people are left with nothing. It's sad, but they saw it coming from years. Not near enough precautions were taken.

Strange Times Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark. is making a name for themselves Dark.'s Avatar
    Thanks

There not that many percautions you can take to a hurricane of this maginitude. What will happen will happen. The news is eating this up, it's terrible, the footage of the looting is a sad sight to be seen. I can only imagine.

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Hopefully the police can identify those on the looting videos. maybe the hefty fines they pay will help rebuild.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Akurei Kakudo
    well for you all i LIVED though this hurrican. ith it Miami at a cat1 going on 2. then it lfet an offical 2. i lived though it. i had no power for two days. some of my friends still dont have power. trees are down. stores are closed. so plz dont talk about "oh ya well thats what i heard" bc hearing isnt everything. ask someone who has lived though it ok? and the death count is at 9.
    you are very right...hearing isn't everything. but the news is the only steady source of info right now. And...*gasp* the news casters are actually asking people their first hand experiences. It may not be the whole story, and sure they're gaining a lot of viewers because of this tragedy...but news casters are down at the danger zones too....to let the rest of the country in on whats happening in those areas. Don't be offended by the fact that we're taking what we hear on the news and posting it here. We're not trying to belittle the damage that's happening in those areas, we're only trying to begin to understand. The amount of devistation is mind numbing.

The death count at miami may be 9....but it's much larger elsewhere. No power for two days is nothing compared to New Orleans being 80% under water (ie: don't expect any power, food, clean water, etc. for months)...and 2 levys broken still pouring water into the city. The people to be evacuated from the super dome is because there is no fresh water and food will become limited as well...considering the amount of people in there. If levys continue to break, the dome itself may very well also flood...those people need to be evacuated.
    Tonnes of places where the water is finally beginning to receed are still without power, with major damage to watermains, sewage, etc, etc.

But I'm glad at least one AO member from the area is safe. I hope your friends and family is safe too.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Otaku PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot may be famous one day PsiKnot's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by angelan
    But I'm glad at least one AO member from the area is safe. I hope your friends and family is safe too.
    I hadn't thought that maybe someone from these devastated areas would be online. Thanks for bringing it home. And for those still in those watery conditions my prayers are with you and you families.

Thinking is the leading cause of death among the stupid.
    Signature and Avatar made by Zackraa. Thanks!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast