Thread: I Luv Halloween isn't a manga...is it?

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

I Luv Halloween isn't a manga...is it?

Is "I Luv Halloween" supposed to be classified as a manga / anime series? Takuhai quarterly fan magazine claims that it is. It's actually quite an interesting and funny 'manga' but it doesn't appear to have that Japanese influence, nor does it appear to be drawn by a Japanese animator. It has the style of "Squee" and "Johnny the Homicidal Maniac" ~ at least to me it did. But why is Takuhai magazine claiming this series to be a manga? You might as well say that Code Lyoko is Japanese as well ~_~;

Newbie Neko Nezumi may be famous one day Neko Nezumi may be famous one day Neko Nezumi's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I Luv Halloween isn't a manga...is it?

I'm not entirely sure I would consider it a manga either. You're right, the style doesn't appear to be too japanese influenced. But then, a lot of things are considered to be 'Japanese influenced' even though they don't appear to be. Perhaps Takuhai has labled it 'manga' simply because their parent company Tokyopop has released it, and everything they get their hands on is labled 'manga' of some sort? I mean, even their film books for very traditionally American cartoons (ie. Kim Possible) are labled 'Cine-manga'...

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

i think that it is just because tokyopop released it... i mean if u think about ti they have released other 'so called' manga "aladdin, lilo&stitch". Plus though its not japanese influenced i think that the word manga is open to decussion as a book classification or a book genre?
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

The Antagonist Eriadd may be famous one day Eriadd may be famous one day
    Thanks

Well, I took a look at TokyoPop's webpage for it, and it seems more of an American Comic than a manga. Why? The author - Keith Griffin - is American, and has also worked on Justice League and Legion of Super Heroes. It also says that he's working on other things for DC. This leads me to believe that "I Luv Halloween" is more of an American comic than a manga.

Banned tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan may be famous one day tasukuchan's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Eriadd
    The author - Keith Griffin - is American, and has also worked on Justice League and Legion of Super Heroes. It also says that he's working on other things for DC. This leads me to believe that "I Luv Halloween" is more of an American comic than a manga.
    That's right! I read that in Takuhai itself ~ The creator was "INFLUENCED" by anime / manga's such as IkkiTousen, Battle Royale...blah blah blah.

It looks interesting, but I don't think that Tokyopop should have given it a manga label

Newbie KiraYamato may be famous one day KiraYamato may be famous one day KiraYamato's Avatar
    Thanks

Yup the creator was influenced by anime/manga
    But it doesnt mean Tokyopop should put 'i luv halloween' as a manga label
    SoMeTiMe Evil WiLL RuLL InsteaD of THe gOOd