Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I ned some help

Rou
    Otaku Rou may be famous one day Rou may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowdeath
    "Practice makes perfect"
    "Your instinct prevails over any book or tut you come to pass over"
    I think books and tutorials can guide ur instinct, thus the point of reading and learning. ^_^ Anything that can be learned should be learned.

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Rou
    Anything that can be learned should be learned.
    Haha... hmm. im not so sure about the truth of that statement. i mean.. there are alot of things in this world that can be learned, and not all of them should be. trust me.

The end is important in all things.

Newbie Pink*Rhapsody may be famous one day Pink*Rhapsody may be famous one day Pink*Rhapsody's Avatar
    Thanks
    I looked at this one tutorial a long time ago and it really helped me... unfortunately I can't remember the name of it. But I do remember tips!:

1) Never start from the head down. Start from the torso to get even porportions.
    2) Always do the shape of the body before the details.
    3) Draw your character naked first, then add on clothes when your body is complete (don't add the dirty bits though. Not unless you want that to be part of your picture )
    4) Just think of gravity when you make folds in the clothes. Most folds fold down.
    5) Use a stick figure to get an idea of what you want the character pose to be.
    6) Always do the hair and face last. That way if you get an expression that doesn't fit the form it's easier to erase than erasing a body to fit the expression.

But always keep in mind other people do things differently. My boyfriend, for example, does the exact opposite and it works for him. Those are just tips I follow =3

Newbie superbaltanv2 may be famous one day superbaltanv2 may be famous one day superbaltanv2's Avatar
    Thanks
    hmmm.... you didn't mention what are you aiming to draw....
    if it's manga style stuff, I'd suggest what I always suggest, read lots of mangas. pick an artist whom you like his style, then try to emulate it. later on, adapt it to your own style...

anyway, that's what I did...

HYAH!!

Banned ??? may be famous one day ??? may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Art skills cannot be teached

Newbie KaiserD may be famous one day KaiserD may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Hmmmm is it just me or are people cashing in with cheesy sayings so they can look all wise and mighty. Enough with the cheesyness, it's tacky!

It's almost like Wiccan sayins like "follow your heart!" *shudders*

Edit: If art could not be taught, you wouldn't have art lessons would you? Or do they teach you to cook?? :P

Otaku FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne may be famous one day FallenOne's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserD
    Hmmmm is it just me or are people cashing in with cheesy sayings so they can look all wise and mighty. Enough with the cheesyness, it's tacky!

It's almost like Wiccan sayins like "follow your heart!" *shudders*

Edit: If art could not be taught, you wouldn't have art lessons would you? Or do they teach you to cook?? :P
    "never trust a skinny cook."

hehe just thought i'd add to cheesy sayings

The end is important in all things.

Newbie Pink*Rhapsody may be famous one day Pink*Rhapsody may be famous one day Pink*Rhapsody's Avatar
    Thanks
    Another stupid little thing I do is just to pose in the mirror. A little weird, but it works!
    I gotta get that cotton ball off my butt.
    I <3 T3H MONK3H!!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast