Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I ned some help

Newbie KaiserD may be famous one day KaiserD may be famous one day
    Thanks
    "never trust a skinny cook."
    Yes...I wouldn't trust my boyfriend's cooking either

And looking in the mirror isn't stupid, what more effective (and cheaper) way is there to begin the basis of study than with yourself

I think it is a good thing, you can use a camera for referencing too but it tends to distort anatomy.

Newbie superbaltanv2 may be famous one day superbaltanv2 may be famous one day superbaltanv2's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ???
    Art skills cannot be teached
    teached is a word that does not exist, except in the encyclopedia of wrong grammar. it should be taught.

by the way, art skills can be taught. you just need to be patient enough to learn them. of course, learning is one thing, mastering is another.....

HYAH!!

Newbie Nemontine89 may be famous one day Nemontine89 may be famous one day Nemontine89's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserD
    If you're in for drawing long term, then I'd suggest "Dynamic Figure Drawing" by Burne Hogarth
    Good book Anyhow, I would say, mos def do the mirror thing. Just pose in front of it to get the rough gist of what you want your pic to look like. And you can be taught art like Superbaltan and Kaiser said. You just need patience, persistance, and lots of practice to grow and improve in art. (That sounds cheesy, sorry!)
    Keep drawing! Draw everyday!

I wuv me my gumbies XD

Otaku shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath may be famous one day shadowdeath's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiserD
    Hmmmm is it just me or are people cashing in with cheesy sayings so they can look all wise and mighty. Enough with the cheesyness, it's tacky!

It's almost like Wiccan sayins like "follow your heart!" *shudders*

Edit: If art could not be taught, you wouldn't have art lessons would you? Or do they teach you to cook?? :P
    "To act wise is the contrary to being wise"

Newbie Darlos may be famous one day Darlos may be famous one day Darlos's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pink*Rhapsody
    1) Never start from the head down. Start from the torso to get even porportions.
    2) Always do the shape of the body before the details.
    3) Draw your character naked first, then add on clothes when your body is complete (don't add the dirty bits though. Not unless you want that to be part of your picture )
    4) Just think of gravity when you make folds in the clothes. Most folds fold down.
    5) Use a stick figure to get an idea of what you want the character pose to be.
    6) Always do the hair and face last. That way if you get an expression that doesn't fit the form it's easier to erase than erasing a body to fit the expression.
    1) Hm.... not sure if I agree with that one. I mostly hear that you DO start from the head down. I could be wrong...
    2) Yes yes and yes. I remember back in the day whenI didn't do that... doesn't work.
    3) This is kind of the same thing as #2, the nude being the shape of the body and the details being clothes. Of course, I guess you could draw a vague shape of the body before you add details onto the nude.
    4) Not much to say there.
    5) Stick figure, OR, if you want, sort of an "oblong shape" figure. You kind of make sketchy ellipsoids in the shape of body parts and attach them together, then use them as the basis for the real form.
    6) This one is probably a good idea, but sometimes I get ahead of myself and draw a face anyway. I just like drawing faces...

Quote Originally Posted by Pink*Rhapsody
    Another stupid little thing I do is just to pose in the mirror. A little weird, but it works!
    Hey, that's not stupid! I do it all the time. If you need a live model to figure out a proportion or perspective, why not use yourself. Of course, you could look a little silly if somebody walks in as you pose strangely in front of a mirror...
    Hurting feelings everywhere!

Newbie KaiserD may be famous one day KaiserD may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Wise or not, it is better to just be yourself than trying to look like a smart ass.

*smiles* It is like people in the old AO who used to take photos of themselves posing and trying look smart or mystifing, I much more appreciated people who were as themselves like Hardedge.

Anyhow, I would say, mos def do the mirror thing. Just pose in front of it to get the rough gist of what you want your pic to look like
    People like artists may do weird and crazy things to improve, which other people may mock them for but it pays off in the end. So, you may be crazy, lonely and insane but you'll be a superior artist!

Newbie andiishere may be famous one day andiishere may be famous one day andiishere's Avatar
    Thanks
    um i thought this thread was asking for a list of "How to draw" sites?

(although the ones i used have already been mentioned polykarbon and the how to draw manga site!!)

--oh well had a quick search could not find any others... as has been mentioned already copy afew pics too!--

it realy helps and be objective and to be a bit of a perfectionist, if you see a mistake note it down to improve on it next time you draw!! alternitavly post it up and i'm sure most us here at AO, will be more than happy to point you in the right direction!

we all have our styles and that styles shown by the way we each draw, and from where we start the pic. so where ever you start your pic does not matter as long as it works for you, experament and find out!

Otaku Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai may be famous one day Hibiki Tokai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Basicly it's bout practice, hard work and a bit research

Try polykarbon.com, although it's brief but it's straight to the point
    Fi5th Column
    ----
    Thx to Trunks for this wonderful sig~.
    ----

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast