Thread: I need help with the basics

Otaku serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005 may be famous one day serge2005's Avatar
    Thanks

I need help with the basics

I have gotten better with drawing and using perspective but when i started to make pictures that had a sense of "movement" i instanly hit a road block and so i went back to the basics of the stick body or what ever you like to call it. (not used it before because i did't do a lot of tough drawings) I can get the "stick body" but when i go to flesh it out is where i have a probelm. I just want to know if you have any tips at doing this or if there are any websites that could help me out

(i am seriously trying to work at getting my drawings better so tips just for general drawing not just anime or manga art)
    I am the fire that light your wood. I'm the thunder that lights you night. I'm the wind that keeps you cool. are you wondering who I am? I'm the great wizard serge

http://bahamutpheonix.7.forumer.com/index.php
    please join this site if you like any type of games

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I need help with the basics

Sounds like you need to study musculature and how it connects to the skeletal structure. Find yourself and anatomy book and draw out of it. Leonardo DaVinci's sketches are good for studing it as well. Once you undersand how things connect it will be easier to "flesh" your figure out.

Something I need a refresher course on myself. lol

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Arrianna
    Sounds like you need to study musculature and how it connects to the skeletal structure. Find yourself and anatomy book and draw out of it. Leonardo DaVinci's sketches are good for studing it as well. Once you undersand how things connect it will be easier to "flesh" your figure out.

Something I need a refresher course on myself. lol
    I will definitely take Arrianna-garu advice. I had the same trouble, but after studying a little bit about anatomy, I got better. It truly works, trust me. Hope it helps.

Lord and Master Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff may be famous one day Zarriff's Avatar
    Thanks

Also, you can simply searche Google for "Anatomy for Artists" and you'll come up with a lot of resources. They have countless images of the human body and in multiple positions. It should help you a great deal with the human figure in motion.