Thread: I need to know (Alchemy)

Newbie dante 120 may be famous one day dante 120 may be famous one day dante 120's Avatar
    Thanks

I need to know (Alchemy)

I been wacthing f.m.a the other day right and they keot on saying alclmey(sorry if I misspiled it)and rember one day I was reading a book for a report so I read it and it said somthing about alclmey and te next day treid to get it but somone bought it our somthing.but any way the reson I wrote this is because i need to know is alclmey real?
    FONT="Arial Black"]I MUST OBLITERATE YOU ALL[/FONT]

Warrior Monk kedar may be famous one day kedar may be famous one day kedar's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I need to know

Interesting topic. It is spelled as Alchemy, BTW. I meant no offense. Here is a good definition:
    A medieval chemical philosophy having as its asserted aims the transmutation of base metals into gold, the discovery of the panacea, and the preparation of the elixir of longevity.
    As for you question, I am not sure if it is true. However, it would be amazing if it exists.

Fangirl Missing in Action Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai may be famous one day Hikari Sakurai's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: I need to know (Alchemy)

Alchemy 'was' very real.... at least in a sense.
    In fact, the bases of Alchemy were used in the beginning of modern day Chemisty

Alchemy is an early protoscientific practice combining elements of chemistry, physics, astrology, art, semiotics, metallurgy, medicine, and mysticism. These practices were usually used outside of what is now known as the scientific method, however, alchemy can be regarded as the precursor of the modern science of chemistry prior to the formulation of the scientific method.
    Alchemy is very old and very expanisive. The beginnings of Alchemy can be traced to Ancient Egypt and existed all the way through to 19th century.
    Through it was nothing like the kind of alchemy that exists in FMA through, but many of the themes brought up in it are based in fact.
    The Philosopher's Stone, homunculus, human transmutation, and the numerous alchemical symbols (including Flamel's crucified serpent) are all very real concepts in Alchemy.
    Also, modern chemistry is often used in the show to explain things, like Havoc's explaination of how Roy is able to create fire.

Others refernces to Alchemy in literature have included Harry Potter (namely the first novel: Harry Potter and the Philosopher's stone), and Frankenstein amoung many others.

This website shall help with all you want to know about real life Alchemy.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alchemy

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philosopher%27s_stone
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homunculi

Leader of the Fangirl Conspiracy

Because teasing boys is so much fun.

[ Minitokyo| Doki Doki | My AO Gallery | Request a Siggy ]
    "Bisshies make Hikari happy"

Otaku dnangel141 may be famous one day dnangel141 may be famous one day dnangel141's Avatar
    Thanks

That is so sweet dude.I beleive it can happen..called science..but if anyone would have the iner energy it would be me..i have so much and yet i don't know how to unleash half lol..anyways i heard of it look mit up on the internet i will do the same..

RPG Lord and Master/Poet Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life may be famous one day Soldat of life's Avatar
    Thanks

Well since many people are researching on anything these days, I wouldn't be surprised that modern Alchemy could be theoretically possible, maybe even possible in experimentation, but it will probably not be as flashy as in FMA, that's for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by Soldat of life View Post
    My favorite philosopher:
    Hassun

Thanks to Xelhes for this amazing work of art ^.^
    Poetry Corner CLICK HERE IF YOU KNOW ME

Newbie Kakashi Hatake may be famous one day Kakashi Hatake may be famous one day Kakashi Hatake's Avatar
    Thanks

Alchemy is a real form of science, but requires most of one's time and life to synthesize substances to create others.

It's a very interesting process, but very time consuming. FMA puts it over the top, making it seem as if drawing a transmutation circle and clapping ones hand causes an item appear. It's not as simple as the creators make it seem.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

Remove the charades, mumbo jumbo, and semi-religious trappings and what you have is Chemical Engineering.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chemical_engineering
    Three primary physical laws underlying chemical engineering design are Conservation of mass, Conservation of momentum and Conservation of energy. The movement of mass and energy around a chemical process are evaluated using Mass balances and energy balances which apply these laws to whole plants, unit operations or discrete parts of equipment. In doing so, Chemical Engineers use principles of thermodynamics, reaction kinetics and transport phenomena. The task of performing these balances is now aided by process simulators, which are complex software models (such as ASPEN and CHEMCAD) that can solve mass and energy balances and usually have built-in modules to simulate a variety of common unit operations.
    Sound familiar?

Additionally, chemical engineering is often intertwined with biology and biomedical engineering.
    It's a fascinating field that requires dedication and years of study. If you think you're up to it go for it though. Chemical Engineers are the ones changing the future and how we seperate the possible from the impossible.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!