Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I someone could help my computer problem........

Newbie Ojai may be famous one day Ojai may be famous one day Ojai's Avatar
    Thanks

I someone could help my computer problem........

Every time I shut off my computer it says "it is now safe to turn off your computer". Before I restarted my computer it did't say that, and everytime I need to turn if off completely I have to go behind my desk and unplug it!!! So if someone could please tell me how to get rid of this. I would be ever so thankful!!!!!

It's a windows xp Deminsion 2350

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    looks like for some reason your ATX motherboard and ATX powersupply are not talking to eachother. that message is for people who are using the older AT style motherboards and powersupplys who have to turn their computers off manually instead of having it be controled by the motherboard. i'd say either the powersupply is going bad or their is a bad connection or both. not much you can do without opening the case and fooling around with cables inside. i'd take it ti a computer repair place and have them look at it. sory

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Thanks
    I don't understand a word you just said and the seniors say I use "big words"!

Otaku Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love may be famous one day Phoenix of Love's Avatar
    Thanks
    The thing that makes you computer go dosent work right or is going bad and the thing that makes the rest of your computer run right dosent work take it in and have someone who know what there doing look at it

simple enough for you
    Tom: Maybe we are a supreme being who was having self identity problems.
    Luis: Find yourself a women who loves video games as much as you do and you'll have have problems.

Thanks
    ok I'm not illiterate. I know what he ment..................................

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix of Love
    The thing that makes you computer go dosent work right or is going bad and the thing that makes the rest of your computer run right dosent work take it in and have someone who know what there doing look at it

simple enough for you
    OKKAYYYYY.... this is what i call over simplification.

the basis of my post is that for IBM clones (a term that basically means it'll run anything an ibm machine can [ibm made thefirst personal computer]) there are two basic form factors for motherboards (the big [usually green] board inside the computer that everything else plugs into one way or another) AT and ATX

AT is the older style characterised by a big DIN5 keyboard connector(big round thingw/ five pins) in the backtwo seperate power supply connectors (that even though you could physically switch them the mothorboard wouldn't survive if you did) and NO OTHER integrated connectors (with some exceptions). these mothorboards had no data connection to the power supply that would let the computer turn itself off

ATX is the newer style and it is characterized by having two miniDIN6(called P/S 2) connectors on the back, a twenty pin powersupply connector, and various combinations of integrated ports along the back. these computers did allow the operating system to tell the computer to power down with out having to make the user push the power button. however sometimes the connection that allows this gets disloged or otherwise dierupted resulting in the computer being either always on or always off (since the power switch connected to the motherboard and THEN the powersupply)

so for your situation the best case sinario (i am horible at speeling) is that you take it to a computer repair guy and he takes a look in plugs a wire in and it works perfectly again and you give the guy a bag of fritos. worse case, you need eithe a new motherboard ($200-$600 depending) or a new powersupply (about $60 t0 $80) if it is the powersupply i'd advise fix it but if the motherbpard is the problem it will likley be easier to get a new computer. (and upgrade while you're at it)

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's a DELL!!!!! DIMENSION!!!

hehe, if you said, and if I read correctly, you haven't encountered that problem before you did something to your computer, and suddenly it changed. Well, either it's your motherboard/power supply being unable to sequence an automatic shut down, or you could always check the bios settings. It's a long shot, but you can give it a shot. To enter the BIOS turn on your computer and press 'DEL' or 'F12' Before Windows starts up it's boot sequence (before the windows logo appears).

If you're uncertain of what to do once you're in the BIOS, well ask someone who knows what they're doing >.>

Ikorose Shinsō Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145 is a hero here Silverskater145's Avatar
    Thanks
    I have a splendid idea.

Go buy a new computer. Dell sucks, anyway.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast