Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: I someone could help my computer problem........

Otaku maverickvns may be famous one day maverickvns may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by ex-paranoia
    Microsoft Knowledge Base

That's what I said :O Check your BIOS for the power settings on your computer Boy does the MCP training come in handy in these situations
    i just reread your posts and although you were probably hinting the power settings within the bios, you never explicitly talked about it at all in the bios. you've just merely talked about checking bios settings which doesn't clearly state exactly what to do from there.

i'm sure you probably did know this, but the original poster doesn't.

i don't want to reiterate what's already provided from the link, but if by chance you, the original poster, wanted to know what to check for in the bios, you want to see if the acpi or the apm is enabled or not.

Otaku ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia may be famous one day ex-paranoia's Avatar
    Thanks
    It's just a check anyway, it might not be the case at all. Could end up being a hardware incompatibility with APM or ACPI. Highly doubt it's hardware related though.

AO Angel ^^ angelan may be famous one day angelan may be famous one day angelan's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Ojai
    Every time I shut off my computer it says "it is now safe to turn off your computer". Before I restarted my computer it did't say that, and everytime I need to turn if off completely I have to go behind my desk and unplug it!!! So if someone could please tell me how to get rid of this. I would be ever so thankful!!!!!

It's a windows xp Deminsion 2350

just a note...you DON"T have to unplug....unplugging even at that state is not a good thing.....

you merely hold down your power button for around 2-5 seconds (until it shuts off then let go or else you'll boot up again). This is called a manual shutdown. Same goes for laptops. Old computers you just push power to turn on and off....the computer couldn't power it self down. But now that they can....so, if you get that screen again....you merely press and hold the power button to shut it down. Don't pull that plug again...it's troublesome and totally not needed.
    -=|AnimeReflections|Live-Evil|My Trades|=-

Put your unused CPU to use for a good cause: |Folding@Home||Human Proteome Folding|

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by angelan
    just a note...you DON"T have to unplug....unplugging even at that state is not a good thing.....

you merely hold down your power button for around 2-5 seconds (until it shuts off then let go or else you'll boot up again). This is called a manual shutdown. Same goes for laptops. Old computers you just push power to turn on and off....the computer couldn't power it self down. But now that they can....so, if you get that screen again....you merely press and hold the power button to shut it down. Don't pull that plug again...it's troublesome and totally not needed.
    not to mention that it can do some pretty BAD stuff to your computer if you keep doing it. i'd explain about the powersurges and all that but i realy tont think most people are THAT interested anyway

oh and on the bios causint the problem. its a good probability, i hadn't thought of that one.

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Newbie Ojai may be famous one day Ojai may be famous one day Ojai's Avatar
    Thanks
    Ok.....I'll just have my uncle fix it.

Lost in the ethernet dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004 may be famous one day dragonrider2004's Avatar
    Thanks
    that would work!

Student: "Umm sensei, the question on the board is wrong."
    Teacher "SHAAAADD UP!"

Newbie Yuki Sohma may be famous one day Yuki Sohma may be famous one day Yuki Sohma's Avatar
    Thanks
    well sje does have a point

Newbie Yuki Sohma may be famous one day Yuki Sohma may be famous one day Yuki Sohma's Avatar
    Thanks
    I mean she typo.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast