Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: I want a funny anime series like the "Golden Boy" >?!>!

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    Grumble Grumble Grumble
    Quote Originally Posted by mega
    It's not Ecchi, but I saw previews of Full Metal Panic Fumoffu and it looks hilarious. What do you think about that one?
    'Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu', is a straight romantic comedy series (with lots of action and slapstick comic humor), but it is the side story spinoff of the original 'Full Metal Panic!' series (which means you should see the original series first, as the character introductions and relationships are not fully explained, or are missing in 'Fumoffu') If you've already seen the original 'Full Metal Panic!' anime series, then 'Fumoffu' is one of the most enjoyable releases to come out on DVD this year. (And I know from first hand experience, as I have the first DVD of 'Fumoffu' sitting on my shelf as we speak...)
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Newbie Miaka Yuki may be famous one day Miaka Yuki may be famous one day
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble Grumble

'Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu', is a straight romantic comedy series (with lots of action and slapstick comic humor), but it is the side story spinoff of the original 'Full Metal Panic!' series (which means you should see the original series first, as the character introductions and relationships are not fully explained, or are missing in 'Fumoffu') If you've already seen the original 'Full Metal Panic!' anime series, then 'Fumoffu' is one of the most enjoyable releases to come out on DVD this year. (And I know from first hand experience, as I have the first DVD of 'Fumoffu' sitting on my shelf as we speak...)
    How can say things like that maybe you shold think about what your gonna write before you writeit or don't write it at all.

Otaku Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay may be famous one day Skillzpay's Avatar
    Location Location: Location Location: Error!
    Thanks
    If you want to try some of the more current comedy stuff consider School Rumble and Mahoraba ~Heartful Days~.

Newbie Fallen Angel may be famous one day Fallen Angel may be famous one day Fallen Angel's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Miaka Yuki
    How can say things like that maybe you shold think about what your gonna write before you writeit or don't write it at all.

Just like you said, wtf are you talking about!!! He's explaining why watch FMA first. ANd first thing you learn here is dont argue with mod. Do you even read the rules and FAQ?

Back to the main topic. I think that DearS, Azumanga Daioh, Girl Bravo, Love Hina, Get Backers, and Slayers are pretty funny too. Slayers is an old anime, but I think you'll enjoy it.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks
    GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE GRUMBLE
    Quote Originally Posted by Miaka Yuki
    I'm having a bad allergy season this month... Must think straighter.... And that FMP, not FMA...

Otaku TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Im not sure exactly what kind of comedy your looking for (based off of ONE show you liked i cant really say you ONLY like that kind of comedy)....but as someone already said, if youve seen FMP! the series or read the manga then FMP! Fumoffu is a great comedy series (its the manga, FMP really didnt have much from the manga in it, Fumoffu is JUST the manga). Also Cromartie High School is pretty good as well. One of those rare shows thats good even though there are basically only guys in it...well and a gorilla. Not to mention those both came out recently for anyone who doesnt download stuff.

Also mentioned was GTO i believe, that show is great, so is the manga. So i also suggest that one, it mixes a bunch of different kinds of humor so your bound to find SOMETHING funny in it.

Other then those theres a very large amount of comedy anime series' out....but it all depends on what you like and such. So im basically agreeing with everyone and throwing in Cromartie. I mean, how can you not like a scene where a guy is talking about how he gets motion sick easy and then the bus he's on drifts through some hard mountain turn, lol.

Thanks
    Grumble Grumble sneeze! Grumble Grumble

From what I understand of the development of the 'Full Metal Panic Series', they were originally based on two different Japanese book (printed text) series. There was the serious novel series, (which eventually spawned off a Manga series), and resulted in the 'Full Metal Panic!' anime series. The second series was a collection of short stories (side stories from the main novel series), which spawned off a different manga series, and became the 'Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu' anime. The third FMP series that is currently under production for a late summer release in Japan (Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid) is a continuation of the novels story line.

I'm not so sure about Cromartie High School. After seeing two episodes in the NewType USA DVD sampler, the series just rubs me the wrong way... (As did the US cartoons 'Ren and Stimpy' and 'Beavis and Butthead') If your into those kind of series, then Cromartie HS may be your thing, as well as the Production I.G. OVA known as 'Dead Leaves'...

Otaku TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23 may be famous one day TallonKarrde23's Avatar
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by LenMiyata
    Grumble Grumble sneeze! Grumble Grumble

From what I understand of the development of the 'Full Metal Panic Series', they were originally based on two different Japanese book (printed text) series. There was the serious novel series, (which eventually spawned off a Manga series), and resulted in the 'Full Metal Panic!' anime series. The second series was a collection of short stories (side stories from the main novel series), which spawned off a different manga series, and became the 'Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu' anime. The third FMP series that is currently under production for a late summer release in Japan (Full Metal Panic: The Second Raid) is a continuation of the novels story line.

I'm not so sure about Cromartie High School. After seeing two episodes in the NewType USA DVD sampler, the series just rubs me the wrong way... (As did the US cartoons 'Ren and Stimpy' and 'Beavis and Butthead') If your into those kind of series, then Cromartie HS may be your thing, as well as the Production I.G. OVA known as 'Dead Leaves'...
    By my saying "its the manga" or something like that, for FMP, i meant the only one released in the states. Which is that of ADV, which is the one Fumoffu is based off of.

Indeed, cromartie is one of those things that you like, or you dont. No inbetween. I just find it amusing because its actually original. Proof - what other show would ever have the word "faggots" in it. None. And when else has anyone eaten pencils? And what other show will you find Freddie? etc, etc. Although i understand how it could not be good at all to people.

Although i really didnt like Dead Leaves at all =/ Nor Ren and stimpy or beavis and butthead. lol.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast