Thread: If you are the Maker of an anime series, would you show it for free?

Otaku kenenth84 may be famous one day kenenth84 may be famous one day kenenth84's Avatar
    Thanks

If you are the Maker of an anime series, would you show it for free?

If you are the Maker of an anime series, would you show it for free?
    If Yes, what kinds of way for you to get your living expanse?
    If No, what kinds of action will to take to prevent this?

Otaku Stitch may be famous one day Stitch may be famous one day Stitch's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: If you are the Maker of an anime series, would you show it for free?

If I was doing a free anime, I'd be working else where while I produce it, kind of like I'm doing now, cept for the producing anime part, thats in progress right now.

While at work I work on the story line part of the anime itself, and then when I get home I start drawing.

Its working out for me, for now, kinda, its hard working on one all by yourself, so its taking quite a bit of time. But the efforts there, and thats all that counts, right?
    In the absence of life, there is death...
    ...but in the absence of death, there is suffering.
    Sig By: Sasurai

Otaku Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku may be famous one day Meiwaku's Avatar
    Thanks

Well generally if you're a cartoonist or anime "maker" you want to strive for your series to hit it off and be shown which essentially means having it aired on TV. And that would basically be showing it for free.

How you make money off of it would be I assume the same as how a lot of makers get paid. If a company picks up the rights to show it you get a certain percentage. Also depending on what contracts you sign and agree to, you'll get a percentage of all the money made from marketable objects from the show (Like toys, clothing, posters, DVDs, cd's and so on.) As well as syndication, where I believe you can make agreements that once a show is over and goes into syndication you get paid a certain percentage every time an episode is aired.

So if I am correct all those people who agreed to syndication rights or what not like 15 years ago are making money off the show again because it's been put back on the air (Example: My so Called Life, My Secret Identity, Golden Girls)
    - "Ash: Gimme some sugar, baby."-

Otaku kenenth84 may be famous one day kenenth84 may be famous one day kenenth84's Avatar
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Meiwaku
    How you make money off of it would be I assume the same as how a lot of makers get paid. If a company picks up the rights to show it you get a certain percentage. Also depending on what contracts you sign and agree to, you'll get a percentage of all the money made from marketable objects from the show (Like toys, clothing, posters, DVDs, cd's and so on.) As well as syndication, where I believe you can make agreements that once a show is over and goes into syndication you get paid a certain percentage every time an episode is aired.
    Very Interesting thought!

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

The real money is in marketing. Ideally you would take a smaller percentage in the sell of video's/tv and retain marketing rights. Everything after expenses (production and distribution) made would be yours.

Making a living while getting your first product off the ground is the real issue.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

Thanks

Wow, never know about how this types of business run! Very interesting!
    I should start publishing my own anime music then. ^_^

Newbie lordzetoalmassy may be famous one day lordzetoalmassy may be famous one day lordzetoalmassy's Avatar
    Thanks

for me if i have created my own i would show it for free cz i know the feeling of not having to see your fav anime bcz of high price rates that sucks man!!!!

Every one has a place in life we just have to go ahead and move forward to find it!!!!