View Poll Results: Should parents get M rated games for their children under 17?

Voters
73. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

39 53.42%
  • No

34 46.58%
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Ignoring ERSB rating (Video Game violance)

Messenger of Despair Hive Hero Champion dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman may be famous one day dark angel swordsman's Avatar
    Thanks

Ignoring ERSB rating (Video Game violance)

well, this was once in one of my gaming magazines about how people that were definetely under 17 getting M rated games. the guy said that the parents bought games like GTA: san andreas (before it's A.O. rating), max payne 2: the fall of max payne, etc. so what do you guys think should parents get M rated games for their children under 17? my friend has like 20 and his parents dont care, while my parents wont get me any until i'm 17. please discuss

**also feel free to close or move moderators and admins if this is a repeat thread or is in the wrong section**
    http://www.animeonline.net/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=7987&dateline=1181515  689
    I won't let this world exist without me! If I die, we all die! / Avatar & Signature by anime_8000.

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: ignoring ERSB rating

Might wanna have this in "Debate & Discussion" with a poll attached to it. I'd like to see the results of a poll on this.
    Anyhow, no I don't think that parents SHOULD be buying M-rated games for the under-17 children. I believe that the rating's there for a reason. However, in the real world where people do what they like; of course parents nowadays are going to buy these games for their kids and what not. Parents don't have the.... Marbles... To say "no" to their kids anymore. They all wanna be their kids' best friends. It sickens me, really. Word.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Ecchi Enthusiast Classic Donkey Kong Champion, Balloon Bomber Champion, Fishing Impossible Champion, Festival Of History : Archery Champion, Dare Devil Champion, Little Monkey Does Champion, Dragon Champion, Barty Champion, Cheesy Champion, Chicken Attack Champion, Moo Lander Champion, Hang Stan Champion, Hangaroo Champion, Sentenced Champion, Canadair Champion Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444 may be famous one day Miroku4444's Avatar
    Thanks

It depends on the age. If i had kids, i would let my 16 or 17 year olds play M rated games. Stuff seen on tv, movies and the news is way worse than this. I dont thin kids under 16 should play these though.

Idiot Impaler Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216 may be famous one day Agent Orange 216's Avatar
    Thanks

I wouldn't let my kids have anything that they can't pay for and buy on their own when it comes to video games and such. Food, sure I'll feed 'em. Devil May Cry 3? Nah, buy it yourself, ya snot-nosed brat! Lol Thus, if they aren't old enough to buy their own M-Rated game, they're not gonna get it. Word.
    The Last Remaining Realist.

See Dick Buy Beer, See Dick not Tip, See Dick try again, See Dick Go thirsty. Moral of the Story: Don't be a Dick.

Lady Barronmore Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna has become well known Arrianna's Avatar
    Thanks

No, I don't.

I won't even play most M rated games and I'm way past 18. I don't even want them in my house and when a friend of mine brought one over I watched it for 5 minutes and then asked him to turn it off and not bring it back.

Not all, but most.

If it's not appropriate for my veiwing how could it possibly be fine for someone who doesn't have the world experience I do.

l Stone Hold l Now We're Cooking! l Thanks to Kaos for the awesome sig!

I'm all ears. Hassun has disabled reputation
    Thanks

Around here, it doesn't really depend on ignoring anything.
    I have yet too see a country in Europe where they don't let kids buy games that weren't intended for them.

So your thirteen and you want to buy Manhunt? No problem around here.

Grouchy Old Anime Otaku LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata has become well known LenMiyata's Avatar
    Thanks

Ignoring ERSB rating

Grumble Grumble Grumble...

Okay, let's move this to the Debate Section with a Poll
    FAVOURITE THREADS EXPLAIN why, or risk an infraction.
    Rantings of a Grouchy Old Anime Otaku

Cheetos Overlord jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit may be famous one day jaderabbit's Avatar
    Thanks

Re: Ignoring ERSB rating

hell no. whats the point in that. a child is a child and should learn that MATURE means whens they actually MATURE!!
    -Just another green eyed angel, distorted by mans love for hate-
    |THE INFAMOUS CHEETOS OVERLORD||IceNineKills|

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast